Michael Todd Beauty is launching a brand new 3-in-1 Derm Rejuvenation System on July 24, 2017 and I was lucky enough to receive this new Skin system compliments of Michael Todd Beauty pre-release so that I could test it out for BeautyBallerina.com readers and followers.
I am going to start this review off by stating that this system means business, and it is not for those of you that lack self-control when it comes to going after your blackheads and milia, or for those of you that won’t follow instructions. What does that mean? This machine is powerful and the suction is strong, if used more often than recommended or for too long this can cause broken capillaries and a lot of skin irritation. For those of you that know how to follow the rules and want gorgeous clear skin – read on.
What this Does: In a nutshell: this 3-in-1 device Smooths, removes impurities and then soothes your skin. In my opinion, this easy-to-use at-home device can completely replace visits to your Dermatologist or Aesthetician for micro-dermabrasion or skin-clearing facials.
How to Use:
- Remove all makeup and cleanse your skin thoroughly without using any scrubs, or chemical exfoliants. I tried using the included Charcoal%20Detox%20Cleanser">Michael Todd’s Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Cleanser and it left my skin squeaky clean and ready to use the device. (Michael Todd recommends deep cleaning, or, as they put it in their instructions “de-greasing” the skin – in other words starting off with deeply cleansed skin will work best. ).
- Attach the Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion Head to the device and select the lowest speed for your first treatment. Using gentle, short, upward strokes go over all areas of the face, while avoiding the sensitive skin around the eyes.
- This step is critical because it provides a micro-smoothing treatment using the diamond encrusted metal tip to gently buff away rough skin texture, helps with uneven skin tone, fine lines and the look of enlarged pores.
- Further, this step will prep your complexion by removing the excess dead skin cells that form a “cap” over your pores to clear a path for removal while utilizing the pore-unclogging function (Step 3)
- There are 3 different Microcystaline suction probes to chose from that vary in size and strength. This allows you to customize the suction removal of impurities from pores for a complete skin detox
- Because the pores have been opened up, by washing your face and by using the microdermabrasion head in step 2 you are able to use the suction cup functions to easily remove blackheads, milia and debris. If you just have a few problem spots, I recommend you use the smallest round shaped head to spot treat the areas in need. If you suffer from more spread out problems with enlarged pores, milia, etc. I recommend using the larger round suction cup and utilizing the same technique you did with the microdermabrasion head – gentle, short, upward strokes all over the face avoiding the sensitive eye area.
- Use the oval shaped suction head on the lowest setting to go over fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth, forehead, etc. This tool helps plump and smooth fine lines.
- After debris removal, pores are better able to receive revitalizing oxygen, micronized toning mist and treatment serums and they will appear more refined
- After steps 1-3 are complete the final step is toning. I recommend using any soothing toner. What is really neat about this device is that it will transforms any soothing toner into a micronized mist that will infuse freshly detoxified pores with nano sized particles to boost the performance of any soothing toner because it is more easily absorbed by the skin at this size.
After using this device I have to say that I highly recommend it to anyone at any age, with the exception of those with sensitive skin, or conditions like rosacea, eczema, etc. I also would not use this on sunburned skin, broken skin, or on skin with active acne.
I will say that my skin was red immediately after use and that redness lasted about 3 hours. I think this is best to use before bed so that you can apply your nigh-time routine to your skin for maximum effect because your skin is prepped and ready to receive all the good stuff in your serums, creams, toners, etc.
The next day, when I woke up my skin looked completely refreshed and more radiant. I also noticed that the milia on the fold of my chin was 95% gone and the skin on my forehead appeared smoother.
Inside the package:
• 1 Rechargeable Device Handle
• 1 Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion Head
• 3 Varying Sized Suction Heads
• 1 USB Charging Cord
• 2 Year Limited Warranty
Michael Todd recommends using their Charcoal%20Detox%20Cleanser">Michael Todd’s Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Cleanser as an ideal prepping cleanser and they also recommend using Blue%20Green%20Algae%20Toner">Michael Todd’s Blue Green Algae Toner as an ideal soothing topical to utilize during the micronized toning treatment. However, any degreasing cleanser and soothing toner are compatible with this unit. Please read the operating manual included with the device before using.
Good to Know – Michael Todd Beauty is:
- Made with organic ingredients
- Has NO added water
- Contains NO parabens or triclosan, phthalates or sulfates
- Contains NO mineral oil, artificial color or synthetic dyes
- NO animal testing (instead, products are tested on their chairman, Lewis Hendler)
I know that this is a review on a device, and most of the above wouldn’t be applicable, however, I do believe that many of you (including myself) care about supporting companies that use high quality ingredients, that are also cruelty free which is why I am mentioning this.
This post first appeared on Beauty Ballerina-SkinCare, HairCare, Makeup, Nails, please read the originial post: here