The Makeup Remover Wipe is every lazy girls dream product. It is a quick way to take your makeup off and cleanse your skin before bed. So, why am I throwing shade at an easy to use product? Because, like everything else in life, if it seems too good to be true – it probably is. And, Makeup Remover Wipes are unfortunately, no exception to this age old wisdom.
So, why are these easy-to-use wipes so bad for your skin?
- It leaves a lot of dirt and grime behind – the ingredients in the Makeup Remover wipes that dissolve your makeup leave behind a film on your skin. Because you are not rinsing this film away you are clogging your pores and potentially trapping bacteria and makeup in your pores.
- Makeup remover wipes can not cleanse the inside of your pores. Throughout the day makeup, oil, dirt, pollutants, etc. settle into your pores. A wipe can only clean the surface of your skin and can not clean inside the pores the way water and a good cleanser can.
- For those of us with sensitive skin makeup remover wipes can be a real skin irritant. The wipes have cleansing agents, chemicals, preservatives and often times fragrance. Not rinsing these ingredients off your skin can trigger break outs, allergic reactions, and can weaken the structure of the skin.
- The way a wipe is used also causes problems. Wipes tug and pull on skin much more than a slippery cleanser and your fingers, or a device like the FOREO LUNA 2 Facial Cleansing Brush for Combination Skin – Blue or the Soniclear Elite DELUXE Cotton Candy by Michael Todd Beauty ever would. This tugging and pulling can cause premature aging and will accelerate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Finally, when your pores are not clean your skin treatments can not absorb and do their job properly.
Is it ever OK to use a makeup remover wipe? My advice – very sparingly. If you absolutely can not wash your face and don’t have any access to a good Micellar Water like
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin and cotton pads, then go ahead. In the long run, you and your skin are much better off with you making a five minute time investment each and every night before bed to take care of your skin.
Purchase from our Affiliates:
This post first appeared on Beauty Ballerina-SkinCare, HairCare, Makeup, Nails, please read the originial post: here