Art Basel, Miami 2017 Party Guide
Perhaps the best part of all? It draws a major crowd with some truly amazing parties – and some great celeb spottings if you keep your eyes open.
If you plan on going to Miami any time from December 4, 2017 through December 10, 2017, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about where you can find the absolute best parties to attend for Art Basel.
We’ve partnered with SWIMS to show you an insiders’ look into the party this year. Follow us on Instagram @Lifetailored for the best art, parties, and more.
Best Art Basel Parties of 2017: Day by Day
Art Basel 2017 Best Parties Schedule
Monday, Dec. 4
- 9 PM: Murk Mondays with Oscar G, Lazaro Casanova, Ralph Falcon and others at Coyo Taco.
Tuesday, Dec. 5
- 5 PM: Rum and Bass with Walshy Fire of Major Lazer at Coyo Taco.
- 8:30 PM: The Hole Gallery Presents: Synaptic Fatigue / Dear in the Headlights a Performance/ Installation by Tara Subkoff at Tropicale.
- 9 PM: Spring/Break Art Show x The Miami Beach EDITION Kick Off Miami Art Week & Celebrate Ambre’s Birthday at Basement.
- 10 PM: III Points’ Art Basel Concert Series with Bjork at Mana Wynwood Convention Center.
- 10 PM: Red Bull Sound Select with A.Chal, Twelve’Len, and Nick León at The Ground.
- 11:30 PM: Favela Beach Nightlife Is Beautiful with Mr. Brainwash at Wall Lounge.
Wednesday, Dec. 6
- 6 PM: An Alchemical Feast at Lemon City Studios.
- 6:30 PM: Villa Azur’s Wednesday Night Dinner Party with DJ Cruz at Villa Azur.
- 10 PM: Basement’s Third Anniversary at Basement.
- 11 PM: You and Me with Neverdogs, Vanjee and Hugo Bianco at Ora Nightclub.
- 11:30 PM: Superfine! Midnight Vernissage, cocktails and performance art at Superfine!
Thursday, Dec. 7
- 2 PM: Katsuya Party at SLS South Beach.
- 7 PM: Burlesque Dinner Party at Vagabond Kitchen and Bar.
- 11 PM: Get Real: Green Velvet and Claude VonStroke at Space.
- 11 PM: Perrier-Jouët’s Nightlife Experience at Ora.
- 11:30 PM: Rick Ross at Rockwell.
Friday, Dec. 8
- 12 PM: No Commission at SoHo Studios.
- 6 PM: Daniella Midenge book signing: ‘Sex & Cigarettes’ at Lobby Bar.
- 6:30 PM: THE OUTNET x The Ground Floor Project Present: Coco Capitán’s ‘Posturing’ at 1111 Lincoln Road.
- 9 PM: Public School x Saks Fifth Avenue Host Cocktail to Celebrate the Launch of the Spring Summer ’18 Collection at Basement Bowl.
- 10 PM: Alec x Plein Miami Pop Up at Fontainebleau Hotel.
- 10 PM: Crew Love with Soul Clap, David Marston, the Fitness and Pony, PillowTalk and more at Electric Pickle.
- 10 PM: The Basement, The Miami Beach EDITION at Basement.
- 11 PM: Desert Hearts with Mikey Lion, Lee Reynolds, Marbs and Porkchop at Trade.
Saturday, Dec. 9
- 2 PM: Rakastella by Innervisions and Life And Death at Virginia Key Beach Park.
- 2 PM: All Day I Dream of Art Basel with Lee Burridge at 1 Hotel.
- 8 PM: Little Dreams Benefit Gala hosted by Phil Collins at Filmore Miami.
- 9 PM: Highsnobiety Presents: the art EDITION Hosted by The Academy New York at Basement Bowl.
- 10:30 PM: High Society Marijuana-themed party at NorthWynn Studios.
- 11 PM: Paris Hilton at Wall Lounge.
- 11 PM: 50 Cent at Ora.
Sunday, Dec. 10
- 7 PM: Suntory Whisky Toki at Sweet Liberty.
- 9 PM: Art + Music with DJs, body painting, and exhibits at R House.
Best Sit Down Restaurants in Miami
There are a lot of great things about Pinch Kitchen. Not only is the food great and high quality, but it’s a cozy neighborhood joint that’ll make you feel like a local. Executive chefs John Gallo and Rene Reyes offer interesting twists on classic American cuisine while customers enjoy a brew from the impressive beer list in this laid back, chill local favorite. Located at 8601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33138.
Mandolin Aegean Bistro
If you’re going to fully enjoy Miami culture, you’re going to want to step out of your comfort zone and truly bask in the diversity. This hidden gem offers some of the best Greek and Turkish food in the entire country, in a small, intimate courtyard. The menu is full of small plates, entrees, and light, refreshing takes on Mediterranean classics. Located at 312 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137.
Pao by Paul Qui
Top Chef champion and James Beard Award winner Paul Qui serves up traditional Filipino, Japanese, and surprisingly authentic Texas barbeque in this stunning restaurant located at the Faena Hotel. The great service and unique ambiance are enough to send you coming back a second time, but the food is what will really leave you wanting more. Located at 3201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
Want to go to a full service restaurant that’s located inside of a historic two-story house? Then head over to 27, a trendy Miami restaurant that specializes in eclectic dishes from all over the globe, from South America to the Middle East. Located at 2727 Indian Creek Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
If you’re in the Wynwood neighborhood already, you definitely need to check out Alter. This ultra trendy spot has brought all sorts of foodies to the artsy neck of the woods to sample what chef Brad Kilgore is cooking. Located at 223 NW 23rd St, Miami, FL 33127.
I love Miami cuisine just as much as the next person, but I’m still a New Yorker at heart. This means that there are few things that hit the spot after a long day than a slice of traditional New York style pizza. It was once thought to be impossible to find east coast Italian fare in Florida, but Lucali is changing the name of the game. Pizzas and calzones are delicious, all cooked in a wooden oven for that amazing, woodsy taste. Located at 1930 Bay Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Best Casual Dining Spots in Miami
Although there’s no shortage of spots to get a taco in Miami (and any local will tell you the favorite at the drop of a hat), there’s something truly special about Taquiza. This authentic taqueria is a one-stop-shop, the perfect place to grab a blue masa corn tortilla taco filled to the brim with all of your favorites; chicken, steak, and even tongue. Located at 1506 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Tapas are nothing new or particularly unique and exciting in Miami. What Barcelona born Deme Lomas does different is that he doesn’t try to make his food into something that it’s not. His Spanish cuisine is authentic, light, and tasty. Located at 134 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33132.
El Palacio De Los Jugos
This all in one shop really does have everything: cheap, tasty Cuban food, fresh fruit and vegetables, a bakery with authentic with all sorts of great sweets. Located at 5721 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33144.
Best Bars in Miami
Mac’s Club Deuce
If dive bars are your thing, look no further than Mac’s. Named after a recently departed 101 year old Mac, this bar offers great 2 for 1 specials on drinks as early as 6am. The saying “it’s five o’clock somewhere” goes a long way here and you’re guaranteed to meet a few cooky characters when you come inside. Located at 222 14th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139.2
The Broken Shaker
I’m going to be a little shallow for a moment: This bar is GORGEOUS. Oversized chairs sit in an herb garden full of ingredients used in their signature cocktails. Imagine being able to drink while surrounded by the aroma of fresh grown herbs in the warm Miami sun. Sounds dreamy, right? Located at 2727 Indian Creek Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
This Little Haiti English pub is one of the few spots in Miami that regularly offers its customers live music. In a city where the hottest DJs reign supreme, Churchill’s is giving some fame to the local talent with regular live bands that play several times a week. Located at 5501 Northeast 2nd Avenue,Miami,FL,33127.
This ultra cool little “dive” bar is full of artsy, unique cocktails that you can’t find anywhere else. We often consider it to be a New York vibe, what with the trendy folks coming in and out and the mixologists who don’t just bartend, but really enjoy trying to perfect their craft. Located at 729 SW 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33130.
There’s no other way to put it: Ricky’s is just a heck of a lot of fun. Imagine a bar in Miami where you can play arcade games, beer pong tables, and carnival style snacks like cotton candy and popcorn. They also offer live band karaoke, which is a real hoot every Monday night. Located at 1222 16th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Best Night Clubs in Miami
If you’re looking for a place where you just may see a hot celebrity, look no further than Rockwell. Invented straight from the mind of Chris Paciello, this super exclusive hot spot almost always has high-named DJs and an impressive guest list. If you can manage to get in, you’re guaranteed a taste of the celebrity life for a night. Located at 743 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Are you a fan of hip hop? You need to check out LIV. Everyone from Lil Wayne to Calvis Harris has taken the stage, and celebs like Bieber have been known to stop in whenever they’re in town. This is your typical celebrity bottle service spot that you see in movies and on tv shows, proving that the other half lives oh, so much better than we do. But damn it’s cool. Located at 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
Basement isn’t your average night club experience – Unless, of course, you usually go bowling and ice skating while partying with your friends. Located at 2901 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
This Party Guide is Brought to You By SWIMS, The Most Versatile Footwear Ever
The post This Is Your Ultimate Party Guide for Art Basel 2017 appeared first on Life, Tailored.