Dahn Yoga Exercise:
Dahn Yoga is a physical exercise that is practiced in Korea. This was developed by Ilchi Lee in the year 1985. Dahn hak is the name by which this yoga is popular here. In Korean language ‘dahn’ means ‘primal, vital energy’ and ‘hak’ means ‘study of a particular theory or philosophy’. This consists of various asanas including ancient Korean and Asian techniques in combination with modern techniques. Practicing this exercise helps in increasing the body strength.
According to the book “Dahn yoga Basics’, which was published by Dahn Yoga Education, Dahn yoga has three unique characteristics:
- The mastery and use of energy
- Enhancing the body-brain connection
- Self-managed, holistic health care
Yoga includes warm-ups (Sukshma Vyayam), poses (asanas) and Dhyana (meditation). It focuses on the body’s core strength as well as the physical, mental and spiritual strength. A typical class on Dahn yoga begins with stretching exercises called ’Meridian Stretching’ which helps in stimulating the energy in the body. This is followed by a sequence of postures or poses. Mediation is also included in Dahn yoga, which helps in relaxing the mind and body.
There are hundreds of Dahn yoga exercises and techniques that you can practice. However, you cannot practice all of them. There a few exercises which you can practice daily, so that you stay healthy and fit throughout your life. By learning the simple steps of Dahn yoga, you can practice it easily at home.
How to do Dahn Yoga – Steps:
- Stand on the floor with your spine straight and your feet apart. Make sure that the distance between your feet is same as the width of your shoulders.
- Drop your palms down and let them remain loose on your sides. Try to relax your whole body.
- Bounce on your knees and let your body also bounce to the rhythm of your knees.
- Lift up your hands and tap the top of your head slightly with your finger tips.
- After tapping the top of your head, tap the back of your head, crown of your head, forehead and your whole face with your fingers.
- Tap your right arm and shoulder and then repeat it on your left also. Next you have to tap your chest, belly, stomach, thighs, knees, calf muscles and the ankles.
- By tapping gently on the naval region. This helps in activating the core energy of your body.
- Now you have to inhale and exhale deeply.
- You can practice this exercise for 5 minutes every day. This exercise is beneficial for increasing the circulation of blood in your body.
Yoga for Back and Hips:
There is another yoga exercise, which helps in providing a good stretch to your back, body and hips. The steps for doing it are given below.
- Stand straight and spread your legs wide apart. The distance between your feet must be a little more than the distance between your shoulders.
- Bend your body from the waist and lean forward towards the ground.
- You can place your hands on your hips or buttocks.
- After bowing down, you have to first move your body towards the left side. As you do so, stretch your legs and the spine.
- Now you can move your body to the center again and stretch your body. Then move your body to the right side.
- As you do this, breathe slowly and deeply. Make sure that you inhale and exhale properly.
Paschimottanasana in Dahn Yoga:
Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend is also included in Dahn yoga. This exercise is also easy to practice by following the steps given below.
- Sit on the floor and keep both of your legs extended in front of you.
- Now you have to stretch your body and your arms forward and try to touch your toes with your fingers. Make sure that you do not bend your knees when you do this.
- In the beginning you may not be able to touch your toes. So, do not strain your body by stretching it beyond your capacity. With practice you will be able to touch your toes with your fingers.
- After stretching and touching your toes with your fingers, remain in this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. After that you can release your body and get back to the initial position.
Dahn yoga consists of various exercises that focus mainly on breathing techniques and also a number of poses. It has lots of benefits.
Dahn Yoga Benefits:
- Dahn yoga is very beneficial for your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well being. You can improve the circulation of blood in your body by practicing dahn yoga regularly. It is also of great benefit for those who are looking for losing weight effectively. Doing this exercise is good for improving the posture of your body. You can increase the flexibility of your body as well as the strength of your body with Dahn yoga. Dahn yoga can get you relief from headaches and upper body tension as well.
- By practicing Dahn yoga daily, you can increase your memory levels. You will also be able to manage stress in a better way. If you think you cannot focus or concentrate in what you do, Dahn yoga can helps you overcome this issue. You will see that with regular practice of this exercise, you can even control your emotions.
- Dahn yoga is easy to do and it can be practiced by all who are interested in it. It helps in rejuvenating your body and mind. So, start practicing Dahn yoga at home and see the wonderful difference it brings into your life.
The post What is Dahn Yoga: How to do – Characteristics – Benefits appeared first on Stylish Walks.
This post first appeared on Stylish Walks - All About Beauty, Fashion, Makeup,, please read the originial post: here