Lately with trends towards sneakers and runners and other limited clothing brands (mainly Supreme for me, but kith also has some) coming up, many people have been asking where to get models of various Nikes, New Balances, and Vans, so here’s a somewhat thorough guide on how to catch various releases and if you’ve missed them, where and how to find them on the resale market.
For new releases, go follow and check up on these sites regularly. They are really good on covering new and older releases, and also have many articles on whether you’re looking at fakes or legit items, specifically for Jordans/Nikes.
- Sneaker News
- Nice Kicks
These are the main ones I check up on a lot of the times and they more or less cover everything from Asics, NB’s, Nikes, Jordans, Vans, etc. Almost everything you need to know to catch a release or hunt something from past seasons.
If you’re somewhat new to the game and you have to hunt items from older seasons, here’s where it gets a bit more complicated and you’ll have to a bit more homework and it’s a lot of dedication and luck and money to get find things that you want.
Project Blitz is one of the biggest resellers in the game and they have almost every hype release from almost any year, albeit some are sold out. Their prices are ridiculously marked up, even for resell prices, but if you want something now and guaranteed, there’s a really good shot it’s there.
Facebook groups are starting to become a huge place for people to buy and sell items. Here are a few that I frequent and may be useful for you.
- Strictly Vans is one of the best groups hands down. Great community and the mod Eddie Nelson is on top of his shit. Come here for all your Vans needs and if you have questions, a lot of the guys know even more stuff than I do and will be glad to help you out.
- OFFICIAL ASICS/NEW BALANCE/NIKE RUNNING SHOE Group is great for anyone looking for, as the title says, runners. These guys have almost everything you’re looking for, from RF collabs to the older patta/atmos Nike collabs. If you have the $$$, you’ll find what you want here.
- Supreme Cartel is one of the biggest supreme groups on facebook right now. Group is mostly filled with kids in high school and is generally pretty immature, but it’s a close knit group and the stuff that comes up is fucking hilarious and will make your day. And good place to buy/sell Supreme items if that’s your thing. If you have the money, you can probably find it here.
- Bape / BBC / Original Fake / Kaws MARKETPLACE is again like the title says. A lot of the guys in this group are from NYC and many only accept local meetups for sales but many ship as well.
If what you want isn’t in any of these groups, try making a [WTB] post in styleforum, superfuture, and Hypebeast forums. It’s worth a shot. And a lot of the times you can search through the forums and try to find if someone put it up recently.
If you’ve went through all of those and still haven’t found what you’re looking for, Ebay and Instagram might work out and there are deals all the time on there but you’ll have to be alert and checking pretty often. Some of the good search queries and hashtags are:
- #supremeforsale (lots of nikes/jordans/vans come on this tag too. I use this the most)
- wtaps vans
- wtap vans
- supreme vans
Also, a lot of the times, if you find a listing on IG or ebay that you want, you can always send a message to the seller, especially on ebay, to try and do a transaction outside of ebay and get a lower price (because seller doesn’t have to pay the 10% feet that ebay takes) and sometimes you’ll get an even better discount than 10%.
Please don’t be a scumbag buyer (as I am also a seller myself) and ask “What’s the lowest price you’ll go?” It’s really annoying. Just send them your offer and if they like it, they’ll take it and if not, you guys can try to work something out.
Lastly, I’m more of a Vans guy than anything else, so here are a list of retailers to keep your eyes out for. They also stock more than just vans, but they carry a lot of vans that other stores don’t.
- Bows and Arrows
- Open Ceremony
- Tres Bien