Fall is upon us and I have been working on my winter belly all year LOL!
Most people are cramming in fitness routines to get bikini ready for summer but I like to stay fit every season. The colder it gets outside the better it feels to bring in the heat. Increasing your fitness commitment can help balance the decadence of the holiday season. We all know that the holidays bring on more social commitments, celebrations, and high caloric festivities.
Here are a few things that I do to manage it all, stay in top shape, and still be able to squeeze in to my New Year’s eve dress:
- Drink a ton of water, and by that I mean consume a lot more water than your festive cocktails. BTW, hydrating will also help flush out high sodium yummies.
- Partner up! Training with friends keeps you committed, honest and laughing through the sweat! Check out this sneak peek of a scene from my new fitness project–the Brooke Burke Body Fitness app that launches December 1st. Join me on my fitness journey around the globe to see how easy it is to make it happen anytime, anywhere.
- Increase your cardio, the more calories you burn the more fat you blast!!! If it’s too cold outside for active outdoor activities, then take an indoor class. I have always believed that cross training is super important. High-impact aerobics are my personal favorite; if you’re not sweating you’re just not working out hard enough. I also love group spinning and taking different types of classes with my girlfriends.
- Hot yoga is beneficial on many levels far beyond body. One thing that I highly recommend to help manage the holiday madness is taking time out to breathe, relax, and get centered. Not only is stretching one of the best things I know that we can do for our body, even a five minute Shavasana can turn your whole day around.
- I am really into home workouts. Being stronger than your excuses will allow you to figure out ways to stay fit even in the privacy of your own living room. BTW, if you follow me on social media, I share many tips and tricks that will help you tone and tighten at home. There are plenty of workouts available for FREE on YouTube and short little secrets on Instagram.
- Yes, you can find tools to help with a workout anywhere–a chair can turn into training equipment at home. Here’s me behind-the-scenes shooting for my Brooke Burke Body Fitness app in my backyard in Malibu. It’s my “New Excuses” philosophy at work!
- Last but not least, one of the best ways I know to burn calories and have fun doing it is to dance the night away! If you’re really smart, you’ll kick off those stilettos and slide on your Skechers for your own cardio party!
Skechers ambassador Brooke Burke-Charvet is a busy mom of four, entrepreneur, fitness guru, and co-founder of ModernMom.com. For the latest tips or advice from Brooke plus updates on the upcoming launch of the Brooke Burke Body Fitness app, make sure you follow her on Facebook and Instagram and check out her podcast, The Brooke Burke Show. You can also watch Brooke every Saturday morning on Chicken Soup for the Soul’s award winning show Hidden Heroes, airing now on the CW network.
Filed under: Celebrities in SKECHERS, Life & Style Tagged: brooke burke-charvet