Breitling is one of the most recognised watchmakers whose flying roots can be traced back to the 1930s. The brand spent many years in making highly precise pocket timepieces and spearheading innovations to the chronograph.
Breitling began supplying cockpit devices for military and civilian outfits in the 1930s. However, the brand achieved its ultimate notion for a pilot’s watch in 1962 when one of its timepieces reached the outer space.
Every top-notch watchmaker today in existence creates aviation timepieces of one kind or another. But Breitling is alleged to lean more into its aviation legacy, and today, there are a wide variety of pilot watches available in the brand’s catalogue.
So let’s explore some of the most popular and desirable Breitling watches that are exclusively produced for the flight deck.
Are you looking to sell your watch for instant cash? Get a free competitive quote today.
1. Aviator 8 AVI Re-Edition Reference 765
Breitling released the Aviator 8 AVI Re-Edition in 2020, based on the 1953’s Co-Pilot Reference 765 AVI. The watch features a 41mm case, 12-hour engraved bezel and big Arabic numeral markers.
- However, the hour markers are filled with Super-LumiNova in beige, offering the intuition of an aged patina.
- The dial also flaunts the 15-minute chronograph counter with the symbolic luminous strips at three minutes interval.
- Moreover, this Re-Edition Aviator watch houses the brand’s patented B09 movement.
The manually winding, COSC-rated movement offers a power reserve up to 70-hour. Breitling offered the Aviator 8 AVI Re-Edition in platinum, rose gold and steel.
2. Navitimer Re-Edition Reference 809
This 1959 Re-Edition is as precise as the original model was 60years back. The dial of the Navitimer Re-Edition Reference 809 is also equipped with the domed Plexiglass on the top.
- However, the brand has replaced the radium lume with Super-LumiNova.
- Besides, the “BREITLING”, as well as the “NAVITIMER” texts, are in the capital, just the way they are expected to be.
- Breitling fitted the Re-edition model with its own manually-own B09 movement.
- It offers a 70-hour power reserve.
However, the Breitling Navitimer Re-Edition Reference 809 is produced in a limited number of 1,959pieces.
Interestingly, the watchmaker also unleashed a solid platinum edition that features a blue dial and strap. This platinum version is restricted to just 59 pieces globally.
3. Breitling Avenger 45 Seawolf Automatic Night Mission
What makes the Avenger 45 Automatic Seawolf Night Mission more appealing is its excellent water-resistant rating up to 3,000m (10,000ft).
- The watch comes with a 45mm case with a Diamond-like Carbon or DLC coating, forged out of lightweight titanium.
- Users can operate the timepiece wearing gloves too.
- Moreover, the bezel flaunts the brand’s patented rider tabs at eminent points.
- And the crown shows a unique knurled pattern.
The Avenger 45 Automatic Seawolf Night Mission features stencil-pattern Arabic numeral markers and a red-tipped seconds-hand.
However, the Arabic hour markers are meant for recalling the numbers employed on the aircraft carriers’ decks.
The Breitling Calibre B17 movement powers the watch. The movement is a refined ETA 2824-2, offering a power reserve up to 38hours.
However, for those who want to sell watches for the best in London, fill up our simple online form now. You will receive a free competitive quote shortly.
We specialise in buying all kinds of luxury watches of elite brands like Breitling, Rolex, Cartier and more for fair and honest prices. So get in touch with us today to sell your Breitling or any other luxury watches for the best possible price in London or from anywhere in the UK.
The post 3 of The Most Popular & Coveted Breitling Pilot Watches appeared first on Sell Watches London.