Fashion, beauty, travel, yoga and writing! The dynamic Ginger Harris manages to incorporate it all in her life. She is the creative mind behind one of Miami’s top fashion blogs called Electric Blogarella. This beautiful mom to a scene-stealing 9 year old, gave us a glimpse into her life as a fashion blogger.
Image Credits: Danielle Margherite Photography LLC
1. What was the inspiration behind starting your own blog?
I started my own blog over five years ago because all of the outlets I was working for wouldn’t do post coverage. I kept having these amazing experiences, but no one would let me write about them. For instance, my first post was hosting an event with Diane Von Furstenberg, where she shared some life experience with me. Since none of my regular journalism outlets would give the story a home, I decided to create one for myself.
2. What are your 5 must have fashion items?
- A great pair of distressed jeans
- A denim vest
- A overly high pair of heels
- A red bag
- A big vintage piece of jewelry
Image Credits: Electric Blogarella
3. Three things we would never see Miami women wear?
- All black everything. We’re a land of color.
- A full winter outfit—it’s too hot.
- A suit. Miami is about as far away from corporate as you can get.
4. How do you manage a thriving blogging profession while also being a full time mom?
It’s a balancing act for sure, but I’ve managed to incorporate my daughter into my blog, so it lets us spend time together.
Image Credits: Erika Thomas of Blah Blah Blonde
5. What role does fitness play in your life?
Since I was in middle school I have worked out basically every day of my life. It’s the way I start almost every single day.
6. Do you have a power piece or a lucky item that you always wear for important meetings?
I have a pair of earrings my grandmother left me. They make my feel like she is with me when I wear them.
Image Credits: Jorge Camaraza
7. Brands and Designers that you usually shop from?
I’m obsessed with Helmut Lang. It is my aesthetic. I’m also a huge fan of supporting local designers. Ramona LaRue has always been a go-to for me.
8. Do you follow trends? What according to you is the hottest trend for 2017?
I don’t necessarily follow trends, but I end up gravitating toward them anyway, as they are what’s out there to buy. For 2017, I’m investing in pants with flare.
Image Credits: Jorge Camaraza
9. Do you follow the work of other bloggers? Name some bloggers that you personally like?
Because I have personal relationships with many of the local Miami bloggers, I follow them, because I want to know what is going on in their lives or because I enjoy the artistic angles they take with their work. I’m fascinated with Angeles Almuna’s style.
10. What advice would you like to give to someone who wants to became a fashion blogger.
Start what you finish. If this is something you want to do, you have to make it a habit and stay on top of it. Blogging is a lot more work than you may realize, but it’s worth the ride.
Feature Image Credits: Adorned Photography
The post Ginger Harris Makes You Fall In Love With Modern Miami appeared first on Obsessory Blog.
This post first appeared on Jacques Vert Lace Dress sale | Jacques Vert dresses Mother Bride, please read the originial post: here