There is a saying – “The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We all want to workout, but Motivation is a key component to your workout plan. If you don’t wokrouit, how will you achieve your goals? Whether you’re looking for motivation to start exercising, or are interested in changing up your current routine, here are some tips for making Exercise a daily habit.
- Break Up Your Workouts – If you don’t have time to exercise at one time, try breaking it up through the day. Ten minutes morning, noon, and night can give much of the same benefit as 30 minutes all at once.
- Bring a friend! – Finding a workout partner can help you stay motiveated to keep you on track and get out the door!
- Move Briskly! – Rather than walking at a leisurly pace, try walking briskly. This may help control weight better than walking casually. Walk as though you are meeting someone for lunch and you are a little late.
- Exercise before lunch! – Try to go to the gym, or if a gym visit isn’t possible, then try to go for a 20-minute walk with coworkers, and have lunch afterward.
- Use a step tracker or a pedometer. – Fitness watches or step-counters (pedometers) are an easy, inexpensive way to motivate yourself to be active. Work up to 10,000 steps per day.
- Turn off distracting devices! – Turn off your TV or computer, and hide your smart phone – all these devices have an impact on how much time you spend sitting around vs. working out. Move around instead, by visiting the gym or even cleaning the house.
- Sign up for an exercise class. – Check out the schedule at your local gym, community center, dance or yoga class. Taking a class not only may help you learn a new activity, but it breaks up your workout routine to avoid boredom, and keeps you on track.
- Plan exercise into your day. – Set aside a specific time in your schedule to exercise and put it in your planner.
- Set goals, then reward yourself for acheiving them. – Seting short-term goals by targeting a specific event, such as a road race or a walk-for-charity, to participate in—this can help keep your motivated.
One final tip. It’s not always easy to find time to go to the gym. So, why not make things easier and more convenient for your workouts by putting together a home gym? Maybe you’re looking for cardio equipment like a treadmill, elliptical, excersice bike, or rower. Or maybe it’s strength equipment like a home gym, adjustable dumbbells, or a weight bench. What ever you’re thinking of for equipping a home gym, Fitness 4 Home Superstore can outfit you with the fitness industries highest quality fitness equipment. Visit any of our three Phoenix-area locations today!
The post Exercise Motivation – Tips For Making Exercise a Daily Habit appeared first on Fitness 4 Home Superstore.