Wow, it’s been quiet here, but I’ve had good reason. I’ve been a little preoccupied with the trip of a lifetime – I’ve been in Kona, Hawaii for the Ironman World Championship. No, I wasn’t racing – I was working there and I had an absolutely epic 10 days!
Leading up to the trip it was also a whirlwind.
I’ll set the scene:
- I went to a wedding on Labor Day weekend.
- I flew back and drove straight to work a huge outdoor concert in DC.
- My kids started school Tuesday after Labor Day. I forgot how busy that makes me with “kid biz”.
- I immediately left town for 6 nights in Chattanooga for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships.
- I worked all week for the IRONMAN Foundation and also raced the Women’s Race.
- I flew back and went straight to work (do you sense a theme here?).
- I felt absolutely lethargic for two solid weeks. Doctor said I was fine. Must have been race recovery.
- Kids started sports and Girl Scouts, I attended so many back to school functions
- Work got crazy busy with our Opening Night Gala and lots of craziness at start of the concert season.
- My kid had a birthday, we attended other kids’ birthday parties, fall events and sports heated up.
- I barely got everything done before I got on a plane to Hawaii.
- Kona was absolutely epic.
- I flew back and drove straight to work Tuesday morning (it’s a theme, I tell ya).
- It is Wednesday evening as I write this, and I am jet lagged and tired, but fired up about life!
So here I am.
That’s my life recap in a few short stanzas. No, it’s not meant to be poetry, just my life. My crazy life.
But I love it. I wouldn’t trade it. I’ve learned a lot the past month, and I’ve gained a lot. Gained a lot of experiences, friends, memorable moments with my children, ideas about future goals, and insight into myself.
I have a renewed energy for work, home, and training. I am thinking through my 2018 goals for triathlon and IRONMAN. I am working through some personal emotions about relationships and friendships and life.
But life is a series of experiences, and I have had some really meaningful ones this year. Not just the epic trips, but the small moments that shape your life. The ones that would be easy to forget, except they mean something because they are with people I care about.
I have so much more to say about Kona – but I’ll leave you with this quote for now:
I’m all done with triathlons for the season, so I’ll be doing some running races for fun, and then working on my off-season training to build strength and speed. And enjoying all the “extra free time” without a big race looming. I’m getting more content written for her and elsewhere and picking back up with projects I had put off for a while because of time. So you can expect more regular posts and lots of exciting things to come in the fall and winter!
Wishing you great experiences this fall! More to come.
The post Just Back From the IRONMAN World Championship in Kona! appeared first on You Signed Up For WHAT?!.