What is the Bowflex M7?
Picking the right cardio Trainer is a massive headache. These machines come in all shapes, sizes, and colors with each brand claiming that their product is the best. So, how in the world are you able to filter through all of them to reach your desired trainer? It’s a difficult choice, and more often than not we come across groups of fitness enthusiasts hugely frustrated with their decisions.
In this review, we will take you through the Bowflex M7 trainer, and we’ll stay as objective as possible to explain to you whether it’s worth your investment. We will discuss its features and tell you how it performs when compared to the previous versions of the same series. By the end of it all, you should be able to understand why we think that it is, in fact, a significant improvement from the M5 and M3 versions. We will also explain why it performs remarkably when compared to other trainers within the same price range.
Bowflex M7 Overview
The Max M7 is the latest release in the Max Trainer series, and it is by far the greatest one. You can guess that it is brilliant equipment just from looking at it. It looks like a machine coming from one of those expensive gyms where your favorite bodybuilders and Hollywood stars workout.
This trainer utilizes the same Max trainer technology that’s found in the Max M5 and Max M3. We can understand why Bowflex didn’t make any significant changes to this technology because it was very successful in the previous versions and lots of users loved it. This useful technology utilizes two types of movements one from the fluid motion that operates like an elliptical machine. The other motions deliver an effect similar to climbing through steep stairs, and this one is especially useful in working out the legs. Each one of these motions is powerful on their own, so you can imagine the sort of impact they’ll have when they are used together!
The M7 brags of being the best machine be it for weight loss or general fitness purposes. Well, that claim can be quite debatable but what no one can argue is the machine’s effectiveness. The M7 can help you burn up to 300 calories in 15 minutes or less! This sounds unreal, but given the power of this machine and the supporting features, we get a feeling that it can actually achieve this. Burning calories, however, comes down to how intensive your workouts are. Bowflex’s extensive features provide the perfect environment and challenges you’d need to burn as many calories as your body can.
Bowflex M7 Features
- The Console
One of the biggest problems that we had with previous machines in the Max Trainer series is the lack of reliable consoles. This made it somewhat difficult to keep track of your performance. The Bowflex M7 has changed this. This machine doesn’t just come with a display for the sake of it, but it is fully-functional ensuring that everyone can conveniently use and navigate through the various functions of the machine through this console. The LCD is large and backlit, and hence there’s no more struggling to read figures or understand what configurations you are selecting. You’ll be able to conveniently keep track of how many calories you’ve burnt, how much time you’ve spent on the treadmill etc.
The console brings in an elegant touch to this treadmill. It helps to make your entire workout experience lively and also with the data shown monitoring progress is a lot easier.
- The Workouts
Bowflex m7 comes with 11 inbuilt workout programs each one of them designed with an assistant or rather a coach to get you through the workouts. Every program is designed to help with a specific problem and, therefore, you’ll be choosing the plans depending on your fitness objective. If you are looking for a more wholesome impact, then you can prepare your schedule designating each program the needed time to achieve your goals. For instance, if you want to lose some weight, then you can select the cardiovascular option, and as you start working through the program, the console will be displaying various instruction that you need to follow to achieve the best results. In the previous models, no instructions were ever displayed and hence this is a major improvement.
In most other machines including the M5 and M3, users had to keep track of their fitness levels and progress. This meant that they were responsible for increasing/intensifying their workout or to decrease their workout intensity momentarily (to reduce straining) in case they were practicing at levels too high. This posed a huge problem especially for beginners and that why the Max M7 comes in with a program that automatically adapts to your fitness levels. This program helps to monitor your progress against the set objectives. The program will hence be showing you how you are performing and once you achieve your goals, it will present a new workout challenge right away to keep you growing.
- Keeps track of your workouts
To most people, finding the time to work out is already hectic enough and thus tracking your performance seems a bit too much to ask. Bowflex understands your struggles, and they want to help you, and that’s why they’ve included the max trainer app. This app can be synchronized with other gadgets where it keeps track and shares all your workout progress keeping you organized. The app will always let you know where you are, where you should pick up from and where your fitness goal is.
- Sharing the Machine
Okay, so the machine has a brilliant app that can track and share my data, what happens when someone else uses the machine? What if I’m planning to buy it as a family fitness equipment? Won’t this lead to a mix up of data ruining the entire experience? No, it won’t. This machine supports different user profiles where every person using it can customize their workout plans without interfering with other people’s objectives. Up to four people can set their goals, work at their own pace and there won’t be any mix up whatsoever!
- How is the Build quality?
One thing all Max series machines share is an excellent construction. They are all so brilliantly made to be solid and durable while keeping them as lightweight as possible for convenient home use. The M7 has improved on the construction even further. This is not just to make it more durable but also to improve its overall appearance. For this reason, you will come across some ergonomic hand grips and good looking pieces of stainless-steel pedals. These improvements may feel minor but look at the whole product you realize that the impact on the whole equipment is simply superb.
- Height: 65 inches
- Width: 29.5 inches
- Length: 46 inches
- Weight: 148lbs
- Footprint: 2.5” by 3.5”
- Maximum supported weight: 300 pounds
- Powered by an AC adaptor (included)
- Cushioned pedals
- 20 levels of air and eddy brake resistance
- Mobile and fixed handlebars with pulse sensors
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Supports up to four different users
- 11 workout programs
- Accessory tray for a tablet and water bottle
- Max Trainer app capability available on both Android and iOS
- Various target programs including 7 minute, 14 minute, 21 minute and power interval. There is also steady pace and calorie goal programs
- Performance mode programs that include calorie burn, fat burn, stairs, manual and fitness test programs
- The machine eliminates impact saving you from the excruciating pain that comes from joint impact when you are using machines like treadmills
- The M7 burns more calories compared to most cardio trainers out there
- Most max trainers offer either 16 or 8 levels of resistance, with the M7 you get 20 resistance levels!
- The handles on the Bowflex M7 are more effective than elliptical trainers in working out the upper part of the body
- It comes with great preset programs that will take you through various workout challenges to attain your fitness objectives
- You’ll appreciate the premium build and feel of the pedals and grips
- The app integration allows you share your data and keep track of your progress from other gadgets
- Remote heart rate monitoring through the included chest strap and also through the contact grip
- Bowflex max trainers give you access to 4 treadmill workouts through the Motion Traxx mobile app
- Supports four user profiles where each person can independently set and exercise towards achieving their workout goals
- The machine will take up small space thanks to its compact nature
- A spacious media rack and an integrated water bottle holder
- Assembling the equipment is quite time-consuming and a bit too technical
- It doesn’t have a sound system
- The console doesn’t have a cooling fan
The verdict on the Bowflex M7
As you have read, the Bowflex M7 is a decent equipment that anyone can use to achieve their wild fitness goals. The machine has received so many positive reviews, and it’s easy to understand why. The functionality and results from the Bowflex Max M7 are unbeatable, and that’s why if you need a cardio trainer then your eyes should be fully set on getting this beast.
The post Bowflex M7 Review 2018- Pro’s & Con’s- appeared first on Swol Headquarters.