How do you feel about breakfast? Is it the most important meal of the day? Easily skippable? Wish you could eat it but never have time in your hectic morning? This recipe has been a lifesaver to prepare ahead of time (only takes 5 minutes) for mornings I have to grab and go! You’ve probably seen or heard of this premise before, but I guarantee not with these ingredients. Yes, the thought of cold and uncooked oatmeal was weird to me too, but don’t knock it until you try it!
The great thing about overnight Oats – you can modify the ingredients based on what YOU like, so use whatever you have on hand to create your own masterpiece. The ingredients I used are linked below, but sometimes I add almond butter, chocolate chips, and/or a little raw honey depending on what I’m craving that day. I’m not going to lie, I eat this as a snack instead of breakfast, sometimes!
- 1-2 cups quick oats (for those of you that are grain-free, omit the oatmeal and add more chia seeds until you get to the desired consistency)
- 1-2 cups milk (can be dairy, almond, hemp, coconut, etc)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- 1-2 scoops protein powder – I love Oriya because it only has 6 ingredients (I KNOW, RIGHT?!), no artificial sweeteners, and no preservatives.
- 1 scoop collagen powder (great for additional protein and for joint health)
- 2 scoops chia seeds (good source of Omega 3’s and fiber)
- 1 TSP raw cacao powder (loaded with Magnesium and antioxidants)
- 1 scoop Organifi Red Juice superfood powder (contains adaptogens and medicinal mushrooms)
Mix all ingredients together (normal people use a mason jar or bowl, but I used a beer stein because Oktoberfest is this month!!!) and adjust proportions as necessary. You’ll want it to be a little soupy (but not runny) as the oats and Chia Seeds will expand and the mixture will solidify in the fridge overnight. Take out of the fridge the next morning and enjoy!
Have you tried making Overnight Oats before? What’s your favorite easy breakfast? Let me know below! Thanks for reading!