Yoga is a form of exercise that establishes a connection between the physical, mental and spiritual being of an individual. Having its origins in ancient India, Yoga has evolved in various forms during various historical eras. In the present world, where a misbalance is created due to rising stress and lack of proper physical exercise, yoga certainly gives a new platform for people to find relief from these problems. It not only establishes a coordination between the three states of existence but also gives a pathway for the cessation of sufferings, mental turbulence, and physical tiredness. The clothes you wear while doing yoga should be chosen carefully to suit various yoga positions. Most forms of yoga are not strenuous. Yoga makes use of both mental and physical aspects of an individual which has a positive effect on a person’s emotional and physical well being. Yoga is all about exercising while remaining within one’s comfort zone. That is why it is important to choose clothes in which you feel comfortable and can move flexibly and freely in any direction.
Best Clothes for Yoga Beginners
Facts to keep in mind while choosing yoga clothes:
1. The top must be chosen to cover the essential parts of your body. If you are interrupted every time you are performing certain stretching or bending exercises with your rising top, then it will hinder your performance in yoga.
2. Tank Tops of different styles are mostly preferred because they offer enough coverage and free movement. They also provide a good fit for your body shape.
3. Sports bras are one of the basic activewear clothing items for female yoga beginners. These bras provide a firm support to the upper body which helps in achieving tough yoga positions without any hassle.
4. For the lowers, a high rise trouser or leggings is preferred. The waistband of high rise trousers will even out any bulges on the tummy and waist which is needed to prevent the abdomen from sagging.
5. Choose a trouser that hugs your waist perfectly and allows you to move your legs freely.
6. The length of the trousers shouldn’t be too long as it can play a hurdle in yoga performance. Also, refrain from wearing clothes that are too wide as the extra cloth can obstruct body movements.
7. Fabric choice matters a lot when choosing yoga apparels. Choose a fabric that has sweat controlling capability and allows your skin to breathe in spite of a snug fitting.
8. Smooth and comfortable exercising attire is always preferred over the fashionable ones. The ultimate goal of yoga is to attain fitness in a peaceful manner. For this, choosing clothes that feel comfortable more than they look stylish.
9. Never wear clothes with extremely tight fitting as they may restrict body movement and blood circulation.
Choosing the best clothes for yoga beginners
It is really a confusing matter when it comes to the question of choosing the best attire for the beginners. Not anymore though! We are here to make you aware of the various types of both top wear and bottom wear for yoga.
- 5 tips that will make you a fabulous yoga guru
- How Yoga Help in Boosting Creativity
Top wear for the beginners:
Racerback Tank Tops
This tank top style is very frequent amongst the women as the racerback style can fit any body shape. The front of the tank top looks like a normal t-shirt or sweatshirt. It has wide shoulder straps with no sleeves that are perfect for broad shoulders. The back of the tank top is designed in an X shape that provides good support to broad shoulders.
Long Tunic Tank Tops
Those who have a short waist and cannot find a proper top wear that hugs the waist, long tunic style tank tops are the best option. These tops are longer than normal tank tops and flare at the waistline giving an A-line shape to the body. These are extremely comfortable in warm weather.
Yoga can also be done by wearing only the sports bra as it offers maximum comfort to women’s tender body structures. For yoga, compression sports bra is the best since you wouldn’t be doing any high-intensity exercise.
Adjustable Tank Tops
Nowadays, tank tops are available in forms to help you adjust their fitting according to your body shape. The adjustable back hooks enable you to resize the top according to varying body size.
Spaghetti Tank Top
This group of tank tops provides supreme comfort due to its spaghetti style straps which sit perfectly on shoulder blades. The skin-hugging fabric of this top gives the desired shape to your body without compromising on the level of comfort.
Bottom wear for beginners:
Yoga leggings are made up of cotton fabric with optimum stretchability to help you adhere to various body movements required in yoga positions. These leggings come with sturdy waistbands to support tender areas on the abdomen and waist.
Yoga Pants with Waistband
The waistband Yoga Pants are perfect for keeping you tension free about the grip of the cloth around your waistline. A high waistband pant sits perfectly on your natural waistline, thereby allowing you to move freely.
Short Yoga Pants
If the climate is too hot or if you are not feeling comfortable in long pants, you can go for the short yoga pants. They are not skin tight and hence you can find your comfort by wearing them. The loose fitting style will give you enough space to stretch your legs.
Harem Yoga Pants
The harem yoga pants is a new addition to yoga bottom wear list. Its unique built makes it a good choice for the exercise. The pant is generally loose-fitted with a lot of leg room till the knee and mid-calf for a comfortable fit. The pants are closed up at the ankles which makes it perfect for moving your feet in any direction without any chance of your legs to be caught up in the fabric.
Capri Yoga Pants
The Capri style yoga pants are very much comfortable since they allow your limbs to breath fresh air. The fit of these pants is not too tight which enables your body to move in any direction without any obstruction and stay cool during hot weather.
Thanks for reading the article. If you like this, don’t forget to share this on your best social media.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
featured image: pexels.com
The post Best Clothes for Yoga Beginners appeared first on The Beginners Yoga.