Exercise may not be the most thrilling word in your vocabulary, but it definitely has a lot of benefits. Daily exercise not only makes us healthier and more alive, it can help to relieve the effects of Stress as well.
The truth is that too much stress plays a huge role in many illnesses, physical as well as mental.
Add Exercise to Your Daily Routines
To fortify your immune system and decrease your stress levels, try some daily exercise. Any kind of movement is the key. Stretch, bend, reach, and walk. And there’s no need to buy expensive fitness equipment. Just add more movement into your daily routine and you’ll soon feel the benefits.
If you like aerobic exercise, grab a partner and have a blast with one of the aerobic or cardio videos on YouTube. Or simply go out for a walk.
I bet you’ve heard it a dozen times but walking really is the best overall excise for your health. As long as you have a pair of walking shoes, you’re in business!
When you’re going throughout your daily tasks, make it a point to walk a little further. Use stairs instead of an elevator. If you’re sitting, do some simple stretches for your neck and shoulders.
By making it a goal to move a bit more throughout the day, you boost your body’s immunity and stay healthier in general. There’s no reason to let stressful situations to take a toll on your health.
Relaxing Stretching Workout for Flexibility and Stress Relief
How to Relieve Stress with Meditation
In today’s hectic world it’s easy to let stress take over your life. From family to work to health to money to everything in between, we feel like there simply isn’t enough time in a day to get everything done.
Stress causes real physical and emotional damage if it is allowed to go unchecked.
One of the best and most effective ways to Reduce Stress is meditation. Meditation has been present in all cultures in one form or another throughout history.
The following meditation exercise will help you learn to relax and clear your mind. You’ll be surprised at how the stress seems to just melt away!
- Start each relaxation exercise by reducing distractions, interruptions and noise.
- Give yourself the privacy and time you need.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Find a comfy sitting position
- Take several deep breathes and relax the muscles.
- Close your eyes and try to focus on one thought, peaceful word, or image.
- If there is a specific memory, anything that usually calms you, try to picture that. For some people it’s the sound of the ocean, for others it could be waterfalls, a forest, or a mountain top.
- Clear your head, don’t worry about anything that is going on around you.
- Relax and enjoy the peace that the calming image in your head brings to you.
- When you feel your mind wandering away from the image, don’t force it to stay. This is a good time to stop.
- Exhale deeply, open your eyes and stretch as you wrap up.
This is the most basic form of meditation. While it works in and of itself to reduce stress, this exercise is also the basis for several other meditations. Meditation is an effective way to relax, and these exercises will do more to improve your health and reduce stress than any drug. The best part is that the only side effect is a calmer and healthier life as a result of your improved mood!
The post How to Relieve Stress with Simple Exercises appeared first on Weekly Fitness Tips.