Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also known as Tens is a method of pain relief by using harmless electric current on the painful area. TENS devices are mostly battery operated and deliver electricity to painful area with sticky TENS unit Pads called electrodes.
It is important to know how to use TENS Unit Pads in order to get best results. If you don't apply your Pads properly, you probably will not get the expected outcome from your TENS therapy.
TENS Unit Pads will you give you a tingling sense. This is the electrical impulses that can reduce the pain signals going from painful area to your brain and spinal cord. Thus TENS Unit will stimulate the production of endorphins which are natural painkillers in our bodies.
Benefits of TENS Unit
TENS Unit may help reduce pain and muscle spasms caused by many reasons from sports injuries to rheumatic disorders such as arthritis. You can read our article for the benefits of TENS Unit.
How to use TENS Unit
TENS Unit devices are generally small and mobile devices that can carry with you wherever you go. You can use them at home, office or while walking. Positioning your TENS Unit Pads are equally important as the quality of your TENS Devices. You must switch off your device before positioning your TENS Unit Pads on your body. There must be at least 1 inch (2,5 cm) space between each of Pads. Don’t place pads on these areas:
- Front or sides of your neck
- Mouth or eyes
- Chest and upper back close to heart
- Irritated or infected skin area
- Numb areas
TENS Unit PADs
PADs are electrodes and they conduct electricity from your device to your skin. A high quality PAD doesn't require additional gel and gives the maximum comfort with the best treatment results. There are 3 different connection types in the market:
- Pre-wire connection which also known as Pig Tail connection
- Pin Connection
- Button/Snap Connection
Techcaremassager Tens Unit wires and Pads are universal and fit most TENS Unit in the market. If used properly, electrodes will last for a long time. But there are certain points to take care of:
- Before placing TENS Unit Pads, it is important to clean the area with soap and water.
- PADs will last less long for men because of body hair. You can shave the area if you want to get better results.
- The durability of TENS Unit Pads depend on the usage frequency also. If you use it several hours a day, PADs will last less.
- Sweat or water may electrodes wet. This will harm your electrodes. So try to keep them dry always.