With a fragrant vegetable trifecta of onions, carrots, as well as celery swimming in a tasty Turkey- and lemon-scented brew, Uproot Kitchen area’s Turkey Orzo Soup is a soul-warmer, excellent for a freezing night. Save time making this hearty dish by utilizing leftover turkey meat or rotisserie chicken.
Turkey Orzo Soup
- 1 large white onion
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 medium stalks celery hearts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey bust cutlets (if making use of prepared turkey, see note below)
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 1/4 mug)
- 2 tablespoons cut fresh parsley
Dice onion, carrots, as well as celery hearts. You ought to get around 2 cups diced onion, and 1.5 mugs each of diced carrots and celery.
In a soup pot, include diced veggies along with 2 tbsps olive oil as well as sauté for 5 mins on medium heat.
Mince garlic cloves and also add them to the pot, sauteeing for 2 minutes.
Add in Turkey Bust Cutlets (very finely cut raw turkey breast), broth, and also completely dry pasta. Bring the soup to a simmer, and afterwards allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Test the orzo pasta for doneness before turning off the warm. Eliminate the turkey meat and shred it using 2 forks, and also after that return it to the pot.
Add in the lemon juice as well as fresh parsley. Mix to combine, and offer hot in 2 cup portions.
- Add added fluid when reheating leftovers of the soup as the orzo pasta will soak up extra liquid. Soup can be frozen for up to 3 months in freezer bags in 2 mug portions.
- If you are making use of leftover shredded turkey (about 3 mugs is suggested), add the prepared meat throughout the last 5-7 minutes of cooking.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 2 cups soup
Per serving: Calories: 400, Overall Fat: 5g, Hydrogenated fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Salt: 270mg, Carb: 61g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 33g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 766mg, Iron: 16%, Vitamin A: 104%, Vitamin C: 101%, Calcium: 31%