Happy happy Thursday!
My favorite part of this week (so far)
I ran on this super awesome trail yesterday — mostly because I read that the leaves were going to be amazing:
I ventured outside of the city to check out Wild River State Park that was in peak leaf conditions, the best part of fall, right?! And it was so worth it:
I ended up Running 11 miles because I did get a little lost (the trails were really well-marked, but I missed a turn so ended up in the camping area). But, that’s okay!
I am still feeling my hamstrings… and noticed when I hitting the hills yesterday that they are so tight that it’s hard for me to extend my legs. So, do you have any recommendations for stretches/strengthening/yoga poses? I put a call out on Twitter and got a few good recommendations, but I’ll take all the help I can get!
This guy started his modeling career
My apartment complex was having a pet costume contest so I submitted this picture of him… by far my favorite! I think he got beat out by a cat wearing a taco costume, but I think business cat is still adorable.
What marathons should I run next year?
It’s not even close to being 2018 (okay, we may be like two months away), and all of these marathons are opening registration and I’m trying to figure out what I want to run! Here are the ones on my list:
- Boston Marathon: Definitely running // registered
- Grandma’s Marathon: Registering this month so pretty sure this is happening (I do have a hotel room!)
- Twin Cities Marathon: Registration isn’t open yet, but I really want to run this race again! It was almost like torture just watching the race and not running it. But, probably FOMO.
- Chicago Marathon: I ran this race in 2010 (before CRG existed!) and hated it, but it was a warmer weather day and I wasn’t trained well, and life drama. So, I’m contemplating going for it for next year… since I’m so good at following through on the “I’m never running that race again.”
- Des Moines Marathon: I want to run this race just so I can get a new state; plus, I’ve heard it’s a really good one!
- Fargo Marathon: Same as above (it’s also in May, which would mean that I would have to PR at Boston // give up a PR at Grandma’s if I do it, if those are my goals)
- Paavo Nurmi Marathon: This year is the 50th anniversary, so a BFD. I ran this as a training run this year and it was perfect for that (a very hard course). So, I’m considering it again. But then should I run it as a training run for another ultra? Decisions.
Pretty sure I have a problem.
And I also have an exciting announcement!
I’m so excited to join the Yaktrax Cold Conqueror Ambassador Team!
These fall temperatures mean that winter is just around the corner… and that means snow and ice. I will be training for Boston again in the cold weather, and I love Yaktrax to keep me from slipping and falling… so that I can run outside instead of living on the treadmill!
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursdays!
Tell me: favorite hamstring stretches, workouts, etc.?
What marathons are on your bucket list?
Do you run outside in the winter, or hit the treadmill?