If you have a Business, I have no doubt that a blog will help you bring in more customers. Here I set out 7 reasons your business needs a blog.
If you have a business that isn’t yet online in some form or another, I would recommend that you take steps now to get an online presence.
The internet is massive and a great way to reach people. It is continuing to grow, and is an affordable means to reach a large number of people, so every business should have it as part of their marketing campaign. Common sense alone helps you see why this is so.
But why does your business need a blog?
The answer to this is simple, because it will help you increase your customer base. Below we outlined 7 reasons your business needs a blog.
1. It will bring people to your website. If you write blogs that people want to read, they will come to your website to read them.
2. It increases trust between you and your customers. By reading your blog, customers feel more like they are getting to know you. This means that they in turn will feel more comfortable to purchase from you. This is particularly so for those in the service industry that don’t have a physical product they can showcase and are literally selling themselves.
3. It may attract a different crowd of potential customers. I love to read interesting things, and yet also love to shop. I often stumble across things to buy when I am browsing the web and reading. Without a blog, customers such as myself are unlikely to discover your business.
4. You can connect with other bloggers and advertise in the blogging world. This is a massive industry and one that small businesses should really capitalise. It is also one that a large amount of small businesses don’t capitalise on. Bloggers often share content from other bloggers. If you don’t have a blog attached to your website then there is nothing for people to share.
5. It gets people talking about your business. If you have an awesome blog, people will talk about the things that are on it, and every time that gets mentioned it is another plug for your business.
6. It is a great subtle way for you to talk up your business and your products. You can big mouth what you are doing without actually big mouthing what you are doing. I don’t recommend you make your blog too salesy (I know that isn’t a word, but you see what I am saying), but you can definitely use it to subtly promote what you are offering the world.
7. It will help you get found on the internet. Having a blog is great for search engine optimisation and reaching a specific group of people. If you don’t have a blog, you will find it very hard to be found on search engines such as Google.
If you don’t have a blog yet, you MUST get one. I have no doubt that it will bring in more traffic to your website, and ultimately bring in more customers for you.
If you want to have a blog, but don’t know where to start, please email me (CJ) at [email protected] for a free chat.
Stay tuned for our soon to come post on making your blog/ biz go viral.
Small Biz Shout
Supporting Small Business
The post 7 Reasons your business needs a blog appeared first on Small Biz Shout.