When Carlos Silva set up Seedrs, along with Jeff Lynn, the mission of the company was to make it simple for investors to buy into the businesses they believed in and share in their success.
Seedrs also allows all types of growth-focused businesses raise capital and business community in the process. To achieve this Seedrs has a simple, professional, online process that protects and empowers investors while helping businesses grow and generate returns.
11 Questions for Seedrs Co-Founder, Carlos Silva
Carlos agreed to clear some time in his busy schedule to answer AGENT’s questions about the story of his startup to date, including how he first got into business and the challenges he has faced.
1. Briefly tell us how you first got into business, and describe your business goals.
2. What age were you when you realised you wanted to run your own business?
3. Who are your business icons and inspirations?
That would be people like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk and Paul Graham. Actually got to meet and get business advice from two of them which I guess isn’t too bad.
4. What has been your biggest challenge in business, and how did you surmount it?
Launching a startup is a bit of a challenge every single day, but I guess that the biggest one is actually starting. I’ve learned that most people don’t start businesses simply because they don’t take the first step. So, taking the first step and then going at it one step at a time really helps.
5. Work-Life balance: is it possible? How do you achieve it?
I hope it is. I think I’m getting better at it and becoming a father really helps put things in perspective. But I don’t think I’ve achieved it yet.
6. What is the first thing you do every day?
I spend about 30m in the shower just thinking about what I want to accomplish that day and planning things a bit. I feel it really helps me to procrastinate slightly less.
7. What screen saver picture is currently on your phone?
That’s a photo of my wife and my daughter.
8. What is the most important app on your mobile phone, and why?
I guess it’s probably Outlook. It’s great at helping me be on top of my mailboxes.
9. What is the last thing you googled?
10. What item do you never leave the house without, and why?
My iPhone. Feel that even if I forget everything else I can probably get by with my phone.
11. What advice would you give to your younger self starting out in business?
Pace yourself. A startup always feels like a sprint but everything else ends up taking a lot longer and if you don’t pace yourself you won’t get to the finish line.
IMAGE SOURCE: CARLOS SILVA
The post Q&A with Carlos Silva, Co-Founder of Seedrs appeared first on Agent.