“There’s never a day so far when I don’t think of her.”
At the Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration in Orlando on Friday, Mark Hamill hosted a special panel in honor of the late Carrie Fisher, his Star Wars co-star and beloved friend.
Keely Flaherty / BuzzFeed News / Courtesy of Disney/Lucasfilm
Hamill shared personal stories from his friendship with Fisher — some were funny, some were heartbreaking. Here are the highlights:
Ben A. Pruchnie / Getty Images for Walt Disney Studios
1. "Well, here’s a panel I was hoping wouldn't come for another 30 years."
2. "I have to tell you, I’ve been trying to deal with this — you know, there are the five stages of grief — and just when I think I’ve gotten to acceptance, I bounce back to anger. Because I’m mad. She should be here."
3. "Let me tell you about the first time I ever met her…I was unprepared. I was bowled over by her humor and her wit, and how sardonic she was; how dark she was."
4. "I’m still not thinking of her in past tense. Certain people have a vitality and an energy that’s so strong, it reverberates far beyond their lack of physical presence."
5. "I have to tell you, Carrie would want us to be happy. She wouldn't want us to become consumed by grief; she was all about having fun every day, which is why it was such a joy to be around her — well, most of the time."
6. "When we found out in the storyline that we were brother and sister, we were more like brother and sister than we realized. Because we loved each other, but we fought and we criticized and we were judgmental and we’d get fed up with one another. "
Disney / Lucasfilm
View Entire List ›
from TDV via Annette Thomas on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2pmZ76q