Smoked milkfish or tinapang bangus is the product of curing the milkfish or bangus by smoking to extend its shelf life. It is good with rice as viand, perfect for "pulutan" or snack and makes a good ingredient to many recipes. You can also make money selling smoked milkfish or bangus.
How to Make Tinapang Bangus - Smoking of Bangus
800 Salometer brine (composed of 267.03 grams of salt per liter of water)
Steps in smoking bangus
1. Wash milkfish, remove gills and viscera. Wash well then drain.
2. Debone the milkfish.
3. Soak in saturated brine solution for 60 to 120 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
4. Precook in boiling 10 percent brine solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Dry surface until pellicle is formed.
6. Arrange in smoking trays and expose to smoke for 30 minutes to one hour.
7. Smoke until golden brown.
8. Cool then pack in containers.