Here are some stats about the building:
- Owned by Ambani & Maker Group.
- Spread across 1.2 million sq ft area.
- Four buildings with one entire building is taken by BNP
- Further phases of the Maker Maxity project in Mumbai will likely be completed in 2020 – and will be one of the largest projects in BKC.
commercial office space in Mumbai and remains one of the best, but as it ages and other competition emergences for office space in BKC… will it retain its title as the most sought after office space for rent in Mumbai?
Below is personal experience from Otis Critchley – let’s start with the pros of Maker Maxity:
- Within BKC, closest walking distance to Bandra Station
- Amazing walking grounds that are perfectly kept & green!
- Each building is only 10 stories with 4 lifts so no issue with congestion in any building (one of the negatives of the Capital Building in BKC)
- Right at the edge of BKC so if live in westerns suburbs don’t have to hit the rush leaving G Block in BKC because you are already at BKC’s edge! To boot, very close to the Sealink that will bring one to Lower Parel, Worli Area, SOBO.
- Higher-end, feel-good crowd – the cost of Maker Maxity ensures only the top corporates in the world & in India are located there. There is a level of classiness that I would say to this day, still can’t be met in other office complexes in BKC, let alone Mumbai, Thane or Navi Mumbai.
- Perhaps a strange number 6, let’s call it a bonus point! There is a gym in building #2! Not many gyms in BKC, so having such easy access was wonderful and really missed it after moving to G Block.
- Rat infestation, yup. You read it correctly. To be fair not the only commercial building in BKC to have this issue, but for such a fine building would expect a way for them to fix it. And this was the case for me at BNP for the entire time basically and it’s confirmed as of this writing in building #2 as well.
- Grabbing a drink or food in the immediate area, is rough – you will only have a few options on the ground floor of buildings 2 & 3, but it pales in comparison to being in G Block. Having said that, by next year, the upcoming Maker project that will wrap around Maker Maxity will provide an abundance of more options. And in fact, may turn out to be the best spot to wine & dine in BKC.
- Security & the entrance … trying to communicate with Uber or Ola to enter the Maker Maxity complex, is a pain and it’s beyond silly (mind you I’m a foreigner so perhaps even more challenging for me)…. Drivers can’t figure out which side to come in, then when they do they call you from security to ask you which company. You could literally say anything, pointless and beyond annoying. Don’t get me wrong, the security guards are lovely and just doing their job, but a small daily annoyance, I do not miss.
- Doesn’t have massive floor plates, if you are a large company that needs 30,000+ square feet, you would have to take several floors of office space, not that bad, but many firms prefer one to two floors.
- Upkeep inside the buildings started to fade, I hate to say it, but the bathrooms largely haven’t been changed or updated. Perhaps it’s up to the firms themselves that occupy, but worth the investment – there were complaints about this when I was at BKC. Not to mentioned, cramped bathrooms!
- Parking a bit more limited, they should have dug one more level down for each building. There is a very good chance if you work here you won’t have a parking spot and will have to park across the street & if you don’t get parking there you will be in bad shape.
- It’s not cheap! The highest office rent in Mumbai, might have gone to my old firm, BNP Paribas, who took an entire building and still has it, building #1. I can’t blame them as it was the BEST when they moved in about 7 years ago, but not sure if it’s the best still?
Hope this write up on Maker Maxity was helpful to those looking for the best of the best. At this time, we are only reviewing the best commercial buildings in Mumbai, so would love to hear from you if any building you’d like us to review. And if looking for an office space in BKC or an office on rent in Mumbai, please feel free to come Jagaha.com to find the perfect property for you and your firm.
The post Review of Maker Maxity, BKC, Mumbai appeared first on Jagaha.
This post first appeared on What A Stronger INR Means For Indian Property Investors?, please read the originial post: here