Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for the academic year 2016/17 and the courses are to commence in November 2017. Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government nominating agency (i.e. Ministry or the government Institution of his/her country).
- Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering. Therefore, applicants in the fields of Engineering, Medicine and Dentistry may not apply.
- Medium of instruction is English
- Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship, identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields.
- There may be instances where requested courses are not possible to offer due to unforeseen circumstances or limited places available in the particular field.
- If the given qualifications by the applicant are not compatible with the entry requirements of the university, those applications may not be successful.
- When completing the form, please ensure that you provide your full name as appeared in your passport.
- Please provide all the supporting documents in English, we require officially translated versions as well as copies in the original language.
- Please provide certified copies of all the supporting documents including the certified copies of the relevant pages of your passport, duly authenticated by relevant authorities.
- Do not leave any section of this application unanswered. Please write "N/A" in all irrelevant sections.
Note. Application form can be downloaded from the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways, web site: www.mohe.gov.lk
Eligibility Requirements :
- Be a citizen of Pakistan / AJ&K. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka.
- Applicants are advised to attach the original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations to prove that his/her educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination (Sri Lanka) or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examination.
- Age must be between 17-22 years on 02.05.2017
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period.
It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university / higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation.
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only. Kindly note that all above payments are made in LKR
- Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
Terms & Conditions
The rules and regulations imposed by each university for the local students will also apply to the scholarship holders.
- the student is failed to maintain a satisfactory academic performance according to the grading system of the university
- the student left Sri Lanka without getting approval from the university
- the student is reported any non- compliance of the rules and regulations of the university.
How to Apply
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of Sri Lankan application form (Click here) along with all required documents plus one set (print out) of HEC online form to HEC in spiral binding, separately.
- Apply online at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ . After submission of the application, get its printed copy signed. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (all educational documents and attested copies of CNIC, B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate, IELTS/TOEFL results, original medical certificate to be attached with HEC application form along with bank deposit slip).
- HEC shall forward the applications with their recommendation by filling out the section 06 B of the application to the Sri Lankan mission for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts of G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L or their IBCC equivalents (Intermediate & Matric Certificates & Transcripts).
- Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant's passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Medical Certificate
- Police Report.
- All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. However, final selection will be made by funding country.
- No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria defined by funding country, highest academic merit, provincial /regional quota.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.