Your associates can either make or mar you. They stand as the Difference between who you are now and who you will be in the coming years.
In a way, it would be better to have no company than to have a bad company.
Bad influence will steer you to regrets while healthy company provides the key to a happier life.
You cannot just get along with anyone. Choosing the right friends really shows that you know what you want. True, not everyone is perfect but a real friend should measure up to certain standards. A real friend should meet at least 5-10 of these criteria:
- Your friend should be someone who values and respects your right opinions not criticize them. They will carefully listen while you express your views.
- Your friend should be someone who offers correction whenever you make a mistake or take a wrong step, regardless of how you may feel at first.
- A friend should be able to give sound advice when you need it. They should be able to help you find solutions to your problem.
- Your friend should be someone who share your goals and interests. This makes it easier for you to achieve your goals. It wouldn't hurt if you both enjoy the same sports activity or movie.
- The best set of friends are those who are more wiser and knowledgeable than you are. True, we enjoy the company of our peers but keeping an older friend helps you increase your knowledge. If you wish to get better, associate with someone better than you.
- Your friend should be able to dictate when you are unhappy or not at ease and look for a way to cheer you up. This shows that they really care for you.
- In the case of a quarrel, your friend should be seeking a way for you to settle your differences, not gossip to others about it .This shows that they cherish your friendship.
- When you friend hears a rumour about you, they will confirm what they heard with you and avoid ruining your image. They stay real behind your back.
- Your friend shouldn't be anonymous to your family members and people who matter to you. Though this depends on you, they should be willing to meet them.
- A real friend should be able to safeguard your secrets.
- Your friends should really impact your life positively while you also do the same to their lives. Iron sharpens iron.
You deserve the best type of friends in life as some degree of your success depends on those around you.Therefore choose wisely.
In the comment box, tell us other things you think a real friend should be doing.