I spent much of the day today trying to figure out how to use CSS to control the way the web pages look in the Wt Application I am writing. This is the one I hope to use to learn how to capture images from 1-n cameras to the web with analysis in real-time. It is fun, interesting and frustrating all at the same time. The funny deal is the frustrating part is that it is difficult to get all browser types to behave the same way. I have decided I will just aim at Firefox and Chrome because they are the most ubiquitous in my little world. The companies that make those browsers have, in my humble opinion, very sketchy reputations, but that is another story for another time.
The next step will be to start hooking up the camera. I think I might go back to the license plate reader as my first application for this thing, but I am not sure yet. When I get a camera hooked up that is controllable from my local network with a browser, I will port it over to the little BeagleBone Black I have been running as a web server that does not do much from the apartment for quite awhile now. My buddy John H. from Arizona is helping with this whole thing. He will be a big help because we will be getting into some pretty serious 3d/time domain image processing here as we get past the one camera application.