Eligibility Criteria: Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme should have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
1. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
2. A person, whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
3. Candidates possessing a M.Phil. degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
4. A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Admission Procedure: Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
1. For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / GATE / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University.
2. Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
3. The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% as qualifying cut off. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
4. An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
How to Apply: All the candidates have to apply online for admission to Ph.D. programme by filling up the online application form as available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in on the payment of Rupees One Thousand Only (: 1000/-) plus service charges and taxes as applicable as the application fee. Appearing in Ph.D.Entrance Test (PET) is mandatory for all non exempted applicants , however admit card would be issued to all the applicants including the exempted applicants . All the applicants need to download the admit card from the link used for filling up the application form using their respective login id and password. The applicants who are exempted from Ph.D.Entrance Test should keep the admit card with them and the same has to be produced at the time of interview. All the candidates are advised to take and retain a printout of the duly filled in application form.
Start Date for Receipt of Application(Online): 31/08/2017
Last date for Receipt for Application (Online): 03/10/2017
Date of Entrance Test: 14/10/2017 & 15/10/2017
For more information visit: http://www.ipu.ac.in/pubinfo/admission2017/adm2017main/admphdbr300817.pdf