Starting Early always do pay off! And when it’s about the exam preparations, it really does. If you’re an IIT JAM 2017 aspirant, then it’s time to start your IIT JAM Exam preparations now.
Beginning your IIT JAM Exam Preparations 1 year before the IIT JAM Exam, is not as easy as it sounds. Keeping yourself motivated to study everyday throughout the year is a task in itself.
When you have time period as long as 1 year, for IIT JAM Exam preparation. You’ll find yourself procrastinating half of the time, it seems like you have enough time to study until it’s too late to prepare well.
“Get the complete information about IIT JAM Exam – here“
Here we have some tips on how you should carry out your IIT JAM Exam preparations, when you have 1 year to prepare:
1. To start with your preparations, the first thing you need to do is to be acquainted with the IIT JAM Exam syllabus. Analyze the syllabus and categorize all the topics according to your hold. No need to mention, the topics you find difficult will need some extra attention.
The IIT JAM Exam is conducted in 7 subjects, which are:
Biological Sciences (BL)
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
Each subject covers a vast amount of syllabus. Therefore, for the complete IIT JAM Exam syllabus click here.
2. Another important thing before starting your preparation is, to understand the IIT JAM Exam paper pattern. Solve a number of IIT JAM previous year question papers before you start with the theory, or just analyze them. You’ll be able to identify the topics with more weightage or the frequency of similar type of questions. Based on which you should mark important topics and be completely thorough with them.
3. Coaching institutes can serve as a helping hand in your exam preparations. However, they are not the only way to crack IIT JAM Exam. There are students who crack the exam just by studying themselves.
If you want to study in a guided and systematic manner but you’re unable to join any IIT JAM Coaching, then you can take help from Eduncle’s E-learning management system for IIT JAM Exam preparation. It provides you a virtual class room like environment; where you can ask queries, hold discussions and can also keep a track of your everyday studies.
4. Study right: Whether you study at a coaching center or all by yourself, consistency is the key to success. Give at least 3 hours of each day to your studies. Start with important topics first followed by less important ones, follow a proper study plan. Do not start a lot of things at the same time, else you’ll get mixed up and won’t be able to complete even a single one.
Break your syllabus into number of small sections and study one topic, each day. The sections should be made such that you’ll be able to complete your syllabus within 3 to 4 months. After completing that continue your routine with IIT JAM sample papers and IIT JAM mock tests papers.
“To download the free sample theory and study material of IIT JAM subjects. Please visit the following link – Download here.”
While studying, make it a habit of highlighting the important points in book or writing down short notes, they come really handy while revision. And will ultimately save your time.
While studying give emphasis on learning the concepts and basics, because remembering things from such a vast syllabus is really difficult and not feasible in long run.
5. Routines can be boring: Studying daily might look tedious after some time, you can also lose your interest and motivation. Hence, to overcome this problem, don’t stick to a fixed study pattern. For instance, you can solve IIT JAM sample papers on one day and study IIT JAM notes on another, this will prove to be more helpful as you’ll be able to analyze your weak areas as well as you’ll be able to work on them at the same time.
6. Once you’ve completed your syllabus, solve IIT JAM mock test papers Try to simulate IIT JAM exam environment, solve IIT JAM previous year’s question papers under the JAM Exam’s time constrains. As IIT JAM is a computer based online exam, try to solve online mock test series to be familiar with online exam pattern.
“Practice with free IIT JAM solved question papers and mock test papers. click here to download now.”
7. Start your revision 3 months prior to the exam, during this period brush-up all your notes and important topics you have marked earlier. And in the remaining days before exam, solve at least 2 full-length mock test papers every day.
Revision is the most crucial part of JAM Exam preparations; don’t miss out your revision or it can lead to wastage of your yearlong preparations.
Also the medium of IIT JAM Exam question paper is English, so if you don’t have a good command over the language you should focus on that area too. It’s also mandatory to have basic computer knowledge as the IIT JAM Exam is Computer Based.
Apart from all these preparation strategies, keep in mind that it’s all about keeping that balance. Especially, if you’re in the final year of your bachelor’s degree you’ll have to pay attention to your academic studies too. A healthy mind stays in a healthy body, you shouldn’t neglect your body while studying.
It’s also ok to take some cheat days, everyone needs a break after all. The key point here is too stay consistent and dedicated throughout the year because “success is sum of small efforts, day in and day out”.
To get the complete information on IIT JAM, click here. For any queries call on our toll free number 1800-120-1021. Or download our free study material here.
For all the latest news and updates on IIT JAM Exam, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here