Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. India has been ranked sixth among the world’s Top-Ten largest manufacturing countries in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) 2015 Yearbook report.
UNIDO is a specialized agency in the United Nations and is member of the United Nations Development Group (UNDG). It is headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
In this edition of report India has jumped by three positions to sixth position compared to earlier ninth position in the previous report.
1. Cyprian Kotut (23) from Kenya has won the 40th edition of the 2016 Paris marathon held on 3 April 2016 in the men’s category.
He finished the 35km race in an official time of 2hr 07min 10sec.
The women’s title was won by Visiline Jepkesho (Kenya).
She completed the race in 2hr 25 min 52sec ahead of Ethiopian pair Gulume Chala (2nd position) and Dinknesh Tefera (3rd position).
2. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the 2016 Gulf Air Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix held at Bahrain International Circuit in Manama.
Bahrain Grand Prix title race was the second race of the 2016 season of Formula One in which total 11 teams had participated.
It was Roseburg’s overall sixteenth championship title of F1 in his career and the second win in the 2016.
3. Novak Djokovic, World Number One tennis player from Serbia has won the 2016 Miami Open Title in the men’s singles category, Kei Nishikori (Japan) by 6-3, 6-3 score.
It was his third consecutive and overall sixth ATP Miami Open title, equaling Andre Agassi’s Miami record total.
It was also his record 28th career ATP Masters title.
4. West Indies has won the ICC Cricket World Men’s T-20 Cup 2016 by defeating England by 4 wickets in the final match played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
In the final match, England batting first had scored 155 runs for 9 wickets.
West Indies successfully chased the target by scoring 161 runs in 19.4 over at the loss of 4 wickets.
With this win, West Indies became the only team to win the ICC World Twenty20 title twice.
Earlier it had won its first title in 2012 by defeating Sri Lanka.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour- the King Abdulaziz Sash. The prestigious award was bestowed upon Indian Prime Minister by incumbent Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court.
It has been named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state.
It is bestowed upon citizens of Saudi Arabia and foreigners for meritorious service to the Saudi Kingdom. King himself makes awards to foreigners.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian scientists have developed an eco-friendly biopolymer using nanotechnology for water-softening and water purification applications.
It was developed by the team of scientists from Guwahati (Assam) based Institute of Advance Study in Science & Technology (IASST).
This eco-friendly biodegradable biopolymer can be used in civic water treatment plants for generating potable water.
It will help reducing dependency on conventional water-softening techniques that uses synthetic resins as they do not have very effective water-softening methods and produced very crude treated water.
1. Cesare Maldini, former AC Milan FC defender and Italy coach passed away. He was 84.
He was known for commanding and respected defender with good technique and passing range.
He was also known for his leadership, consistency, and tactical versatility, as well as his discipline and class, both on and off the pitch.
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here