Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
National Current Affairs
International Current Affairs
Banking & Economics Affairs
Bills [Amendments & New]
Memorandum of Understanding
|Science & Technology Events|
Sports Current Affairs
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates||
Important Days & Dates
|Recent Deaths Updates||
To get the Monthly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. India’s military is placed at 4th rank among 133 countries on a global index on the basis of their global military prowess.
The US, Russia and China are on top three positions respectively.
India’s neighbour Pakistan ranks 13 on the Global Fire Power (GFP) list 2017.
2. A large-scale operational exercise Paschim Leher was conducted by the Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea.
The three-week long exercise tested the operational readiness of the Western Naval Command and the execution of its operational plans.
3. The Odisha government has launched a scheme named “Khushi” to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state, as a part of its initiatives to empower women.
Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools.
4. The first phase of world’s largest solar park Shakti Sthala was inaugurated in Tumkur district, Karnataka.
The solar park aims to generate 100 GigaWatts (GW) of solar power by 2020.
5. To create eight safe cities in India, the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has approved projects worth INR 2,919 crore under Nirbhaya Fund.
The safe cities to be created are Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Lucknow.
6. The headquarters of Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) has been shifted from Chennai to Ballabhgarh in Faridabad District of Haryana.
It was shifted for better coordination between the Environment Ministry and AWBI for carrying out the animal welfare activities.
7. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has participated in World ATM Congress (WATMC) 2018 held at IFEMA, Feria de Madrid, Spain.
World ATM Congress is the world’s largest international Air Traffic Management (ATM) exhibition and conference.
The AAI showcases its achievements and initiatives, through a stall at the conference.
8. The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has organized a Women’s Convention called Swachh Shakti 2018 at Lucknow on International Women’s Day.
8000 women sarpanches, 3000 women Swachh grahis, 2000 Mahila samakhyas from Uttar Pradesh and women sarpanches from across the country have been invited to recognize their outstanding contribution towards making Swachh Bharat a reality in rural India.
9. The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneurs of India that is www.udyamsakhi.org, on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The portal is a network for nurturing entrepreneurship and creating business models for low-cost products and services in order to empower women and make them self-reliant and self-sufficient.
10. The Indian Navy began an eight-day-long mega naval exercise named Milan along with leading maritime powers of the region at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
28 warships including 17 from India and 11 from Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand are participating in the 10th exercise.
11. The harnessing of solar energy has made Diu the country’s first energy surplus Union territory and a model for an effective way for people to harness this renewable energy source.
Diu generates a total of 13 megawatts of electricity from solar power generating facilities daily.
Around 3 MW is generated by rooftop solar plants and 10 MW by its other solar power plants.
12. President Ram Nath Kovind presented Nari Shakti Puraskars 2017 to 30 eminent individuals and 9 distinguished institutions at a special ceremony held on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The Nari Shakti Puraskars are given in recognition of efforts in rendering distinguished service for the cause of women, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
13. The Union Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers has launched a 100% Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin named Suvidha, under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
It was launched by Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar on the occasion of International Woman’s day.
14. The Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India and FICCI has jointly organized a four-day biennial event WINGS INDIA 2018 in Hyderabad.
This event is a platform for interactions, forging alliances, investments and air connectivity between the States and the global aviation players & stakeholders.
The theme of the four-day biennial event this year is ‘India-Global Aviation Hub’.
15. In terms of utilizing funds under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) and allotting jobs, West Bengal has become the best performing State.
According to the statistics, West Bengal generated more than 28.21 crore work days under the scheme so far in 2017-18 and spent more than INR 7,335.31 crore for it.
Tamil Nadu occupied the second spot with 22.17 crore work days and spent INR 5,981.75 crore on that.
16. Tata Motors and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) have begun the country’s first demonstration trials for a hydrogen fuel cell bus.
The project is being executed under partial financial support from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
17. According to a survey conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy, Pune has emerged as the top city to show improvement in the quality of governance.
The other cities that came in the top five are Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar and Surat.
18. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a program ‘LaQshya’ to improve quality of care for pregnant women in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre, Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and High Dependency Units (HDUs).
The program will benefit every pregnant woman and new-born delivering in public health institutions.
‘LaQshya’ will reduce maternal and newborn morbidity & mortality and improve quality of care during delivery and immediate post-partum period and also enhance the satisfaction of beneficiaries to provide Respectful Maternity Care (RMC) to all pregnant women attending public health facilities.
19. The Government of India is going to formulate a Scheme ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)’ which will provide various facilities to farmers as follows:
Installation of grid-connected solar power plants each of capacity up to 2 MW in the rural areas.
Installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfill irrigation needs of farmers not connected to the grid.
Solarization of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power generated to DISCOM and get extra income.
Solarization of tube-wells and lift irrigation projects of the Government
20. The Government has proposed Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) aimed at sustainable groundwater management with community participation to detect over-exploited and ground water-stressed areas.
ABHY Yojana will be implemented with assistant of World Bank in seven states that are Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
21. India-United Kingdom (UK) Joint Team has won Newton-Bhabha Fund for the project on Groundwater Arsenic Research in Ganga River Basin.
The project was undertaken by Department of Science and Technology (DST) in collaboration with Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), UK to find solutions to water challenges faced in pervasively arsenic-affected Ganga River Basin.
22. NITI Aayog has released a project named ‘SATH-E’ to introduce System-wide Governance Transformation in School Education.
NITI Aayog released comprehensive roadmaps and detailed timelines for its initiative ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Education (SATH-E)’ project.
23. 8th Theatre Olympics, the largest international theatre festival was co-hosted in Jaipur, India by National School of Drama (NSD) under the sponsorship of Ministry of Culture in collaboration with Ravindra Manch Society and Art & Culture Department, Rajasthan Government.
The festival will provide a platform to a number of folk art forms and theatre performers from the state.
24. The 5th Nadi Mahotsav held in Hoshangabad
The 5th ‘Nadi Mahotsav’ was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari in Hoshangabad of Madhya Pradesh.
The purpose of the event Nadi Mahotsav was to make the Indian Rivers Rekindle and to improve the living conditions of people across River Banks.
25. Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship inaugurated by the President of India
The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) and Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards (GYTI) at Rashtrapati Bhawan on 19th March 2018.
The aim of this event was to provide support to the innovators for developing their ideas into implementable projects.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) were the main parts and promoters of this Festival.
26. The World Trade Organization Ministerial Meeting held in New Delhi
Two days’ informal World Trade Organization ministerial meeting was held in New Delhi for re- invigorating the World Trade Organization.
The first meeting was held in 2009 whereas the second meeting is being hosted by India in New Delhi on 18th and 19th March.
27. 5% of the Reservation Seats hiked for Disabled Students in PG Medical Courses
The Health Minister of India increased the seats from 3% to 5% for the PwD students in the Post Graduate Medical Courses.
There are 21 disability conditions under the Rights of the Disabilities Act 2016. The decision is going to benefit all the students under the disabilities Conditions.
28. Free Internet Wi-Fi reveal to the Gujarat Village
The Digital India Revolution is unveiled in Gujarat’s Village named Udwada.
A small village in the Valsad district of Gujarat is picked by the I&B Minister under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
29. North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS) has been approved by the Cabinet
The necessary allocations for the remaining period is been provided by the Cabinet for the North East Industrial Development Scheme.
NEIDS The Scheme has the financial outlay of INR 30000 Crores upto March 2020.
The necessary allocations for the remaining period will be provided by the government after the assessment before March 2020.
30. The National Health Protection Mission- Ayushman Bharat is approved by the Cabinet.
The newly Central Sponsored Scheme of Cabinet named Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB- NHPM) is being approved for the launch.
The aim of this scheme is to benefit every Family with 5 lakhs per year.
Based on the SECC Database, the targeted beneficiaries of the proposed scheme will be more than 10 Crore families that belong to the poor and vulnerable population in India.
31. The Cabinet approved the Closure of India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians
The Closure of the Indian Development Foundation of Overseas Indians (IDF-OI) is being approved by the Cabinet Ministers to It will enhance the National Mission for Clean Ganga and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the major Government Flagship Programs.
IDF-OI is an autonomous non-profit trust approved by the Government in 2008 and was established for the overseas Indian philanthropy into the social and development projects in India.
32. Ministry of Home Affairs inaugurated the first National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement in New Dellhi.
The two days first National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement is inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs, Hansraj Gangaram Ahir in New Delhi.
The Organizer of the Conference was Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Chief Guest of the Conference was Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh.
33. More than 65182 biogas plants to be setup by MNRE.
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has fixed an annual physical target to setup 65180 biogas plants to enhance the clean and Natural Cooking Fuel Source.
The program is under the National Biogas and Manure Management Programme (NBMMP) established by Ministry of Power and New Renewable energy to meet the energy needs of the Rural and Urban parts of the country.
34. The Ministry of Tourism identified the sites for development under the Iconic Tourist Site Project
Some of the major tourism sites has been identified for development by the Ministry of Tourism. The to be developed are-
Taj Mahal (Agra)
Ajanta and Ellora Caves (Maharashtra)
Humayun Tomb, Red Fort and Qutub Minar (New Delhi)
Colva Beach (Goa)
Amer Fort (Rajasthan)
Somnath and Dholavira (Gujarat)
Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh)
Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu)
Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar)
The Union Minister of State for Tourism has given the information for development of 12 sites in the Rajya Sabha.
Catch every single detail about the Indian Monuments & Heritage Sites
35. Campaign to Eradicate Tuberculosis launched by PM Narendra Modi
To eradicate the Tuberculosis (TB) from India by 2025, PM of India Mr. Narendra Modi Launched a campaign.
The Step is being taken by analyzing the situation to cure the Tuberculosis from every part of India.
36. National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement held in Delhi
The growth of Narco- Terrorism has become the serious problem for India. Observing the threat Ministry of Home Affairs, Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir inaugurated the two-day National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement in New Delhi.
The Nodal Drug Agency of India, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is working on the mission to tackle the drug trafficking by the assistance of other agencies of the World.
37. India’s 5th Maize Summit held at New Delhi
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the India’s 5th Maize Summit 2018 at FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) New Delhi.
The aim of the summit was to bring the entire Maize Fraternity at a single platform to explore the various opportunities of Agro Marketing in India.
India is among the top Exporters of Maize around the World still the Use of Maize in India is only 25%.
38. 90 Stations in Indian Railways encompassed in the World Class transit hub.
For Redevelopment and Renovation of Indian Railways, Govt. has taken a healthy step to involve 90 Railway stations of India under world class transit hub.
The step is taken to convert the Indian Railway Stations into the World Class ‘Airport -like’ transit hub that would enhance the International Tourism and Market Value of India.
39. The Foundation of Several Road Projects laid by President of India.
The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation of Road Projects of National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) in the Holy City Varanasi.
The aim of this project is to create the Traditional Image and religious soul as well as to enhance the modern development of Varanasi.
The five road projects of the NHAI come under the Skill Development department mission of Indian govt.
40. Face Authentication Features to be introduced by UIDAI from 1st July.
To verify the Aadhar users UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is set to make face authentication available along with Finger Print and iris scan.
The step is taken to solve the problems of people who face problems in Aadhar Authentication due to old age and worn out fingers due to hard work.
41. World’s longest sandstone cave discovered in India.
The World’s longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri has been discovered near a small village in Mawsynram area in Meghalaya (India).
The cave is observed to be very complex hidden under the hills with a length of 24,583 meters.
The actual length of the cave was measured by the Meghalaya Adventures’ Association (MAA) after the cave was discovered in 2016.
42. Rhino Census at world heritage site Kaziranga National Park begins in Assam.
The park is divided into 74 compartments and nearly 350 enumerators, wildlife experts and Forest officials are working on this project.
The Result of the 2018 survey is going to be displayed soon whereas there were 2401 Rhinos found at the Kaziranga National Park as per 2015 Report.
43. Wireless Power Project succeed in Varanasi
After the 71 years of Independence, Varanasi has now freed from the overhead power cables as the underground lines in Varanasi has been completed.
The Integrated power development scheme (IPDS) is the underground Electricity line project under Power Grid Company of India.
44. Surat -The 1st District to have 100 % Solar Powered Health Centers.
Surat has emerged as the 1st District to have 100 % Solar Powered Primary Health Center in the Country.
The State has 52 Public Health Centers (PHC) and now all of them are Solar Powered.
Gujarat has set a milestone to be covered by other states for decreasing the global Warming and Electricity Consumptions up to 40%.
45. ‘National Conference for Down Syndrome’ held in the Capital
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has organized a ‘National Conference on Down Syndrome’ (NCDS) in New Delhi.
‘Twilight Children’ Book based on the lives of people suffering from Down Syndrome was released.
The purpose of this event was to create the positive change and hope among the people suffering from Down Syndrome. All the Knowledge regarding Down Syndrome beneficial to the people was provided.
46. National Academic Depository (NAD) launched for Digitalization of School records.
A 24*7 Online System named National Academic Depository (NAD) is setup by the government to preserve the School/ Academics data and Documents Online Safely.
The Authority of this program is under UGC (University Grant Commission).
The Chief Guest of the Conference was Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh.
47. First Insect Museum Opened in Tamil Nadu
India’s first Insect Museum is opened in Tamil Nadu at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswamy.
The Museum is first of its kind in India with 6691 sqft area whereas the lobby of the museum depicts the theme ‘Bugs are Kings’.
The museum is completely dedicated to the growth of Insects with different types of Bee Hives and termite mounds.
48. Around 1 Lakh Toilet to be constructed by Assam Government under ‘Mission Sambhav’
A special program named Mission Sambhav is to be launched by the Assam govt to make across 1 lakh toilets under Swachh Bharat Mission.
‘Mission Sambhav’ means Mission Possible named after the target to complete the given task within 10 days to make state Open Defection Free (ODF) DURING 2018.
49. Gujarat govt. to setup 100 Mld Sea Water Desalination Plants
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani announced to setup a Water Distillation Plant in Jodiya town of Jamnagar district.
The Capacity of the distillation plant would be 100 million litre water per day.
50. International Yachting Festival inaugurated by Andhra Chief Minister
The CM of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu in Vishakhapatnam inaugurate international yachting festivals.
The purpose of organizing the festival is to develop the sea tourism in Visakhapatnam.
51. Madhya Pradesh Govt. to raise the retirement age for govt. employees
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan has declared the raising of retirement age of state Govt. employees by 2 years from the current age of 60 years.
The proposal is declared for more than 5 lakh govt employees in the State.
52. World’s largest event- Smart India Hackathon 2018 in New Delhi
Prakash Javdekar, Minister of Human Resource Development launched the two-day grand finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018 (Software Edition).
The event is going to be held at 28 nodal centers whereas more than 1 lakh students from 1200 colleges are going to participate.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean is going to become the first country in the world to recognize cryptocurrency as its legal tender and adopt the transparent crypto monetary system.
The parliament of the island has passed a law to create the digital currency called Sovereign with symbol SOV to raise some hard cash to pay bills and boost the economy.
2. Iraq has become India’s top crude oil supplier after overtaking Saudi Arabia by supplying 38.9 Million Tons (MT) crude oil in the current financial year.
3. China has decided to abolish the term limit of the president and vice president that how long its leader can serve. It will allow current President Xi to serve the country indefinitely.
Until now, presidents had been limited to two consecutive terms.
4. The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the World Hindi Secretariat building on the third day of his visit to Mauritius.
He also launched the World Hindi Secretariat’s logo and a large ENT hospital being built with Indian assistance.
Apart from India, Mauritius is the only country where this conference is being hosted for the third.
5. The Philippines to withdraw from International Criminal Court
Philippines is going to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) according to the sources.
The President of Philippines Rodrigo Duterte is being accused to uplift the extrajudicial killings. Whereas, to get the country rid of Drugs since 2016, other rights are abused in his bid.
Thousands of people died since his leadership by the Unidentified Gunman and Local Police.
6. Scandal tainted the Mauritius President
Mauritius President Ammenah Gurib Fakim is being accused of being in the scandal in overuse of the Credit Card to buy the Luxurious Items for Personal Use.
The resignation took place in the National Interest by Africa’s female head of State Gurib Fakim on 23 March 2018.
7. India and UAE to hold on Joint Naval Exercise
UAE and India are going to hold on the joint Naval Exercise named “Gulf Star 1” to enhance the bilateral ties between the two powers-
The Joint exercise is the policy to develop a strong bond between the countries and to strengthen the bilateral Defense Cooperation.
The UAE Ships and Indian Ships INS Gomati and INS Kolkata are going to participate in this exercise for the Sea Phase. The Indian Ships arrived at the Port Zayed for the Harbour Phase.
8. G20 Ministerial Meeting held at Buenos Aires
The finance ministers and the central bank governors began the first G20 meeting in the Buenos Aires.
The meeting held in Buenos Aires is the first phase of the five meetings to be held before Argentina hosts the G20 Summit from 30th November to 1st December.
9. India and Japan together are going to cope with disasters
The most disaster facing country in the world Japan is going to help India from future calamities as they are doing Joint Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The Two-Day Workshop held in New Delhi started on 19th March between experts to discuss the Disaster Risk Reduction Risk.
10. Vienna became the place of most livable city in the World for the ninth year
Vienna, the Capital of Austria is named as the world’s best city to live in the ninth consecutive year.
According to the survey of Mercer’s 20th Annual Quality of Living, Vienna topped among the 231 major metropolises and examining factors such as healthcare, education, public services, crime, recreation, housing and individual freedom.
Baghdad, the Capital of Iraq is termed as the most worst place to live in this world.
11. The Immigration of Rohingya Refugees is the big concern for UN.
The Immigration of Rohingya Muslims has become the World’s Largest Refugee Crisis with tens of thousands of people migrating from land and sea route to other countries from Myanmar.
The United Nations has issued a 951 million Dollar appeal to fulfill the needs of the 9 lacs Rohingya Immigrants in Bangladesh.
12. Earth Hour being observed
24th March was observed as the International Earth Hour Day organized by World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF).
To save the electricity and as the commitment to the planet, individuals, business and communities organize every year Earth Hour to turn off the lights for one hour (From 8.30 to 9.30 pm) at the end of March.
13. India & Egypt met in New Delhi to enhance the progress on different prospectus
India and Egypt meeting held in New Delhi for the progress in the areas of trade & Investment, political, Cyber Security, Building, Space & Culture.
The meeting was held in between the Board Members of Ministry of External Affairs of India and Egyptian Foreign Ministers.
14. World’s Largest Cruise Ship Sets Sail in France
‘Symphony of the Seas’-World’s Largest Cruise Ship has begun its modern voyage in the Mediterranean Sea.
The Ship is 362 meters long, 228,000 tons in weight and just 20 meters shy of the length of the Empire State Building.
The Cruiser Ship is even bigger than the ‘Harmony of the Seas’ a France Cruiser Ship delivered to the Caribbean in 2016.
15. India and Chinas Group meeting held in New Delhi
Indian and Chinese economic group boards have attended a meeting in New Delhi.
The purpose of the meeting is to boost the trade and reduce the trade deficit between India and China
Suresh Prabhu, Commerce and Industry Minister and Chinese counterpart, Zhong Shan and other senior officials of both the countries were present at the meeting.
From last few years, India has raised the issue of heavy trade balance with China to increase the Indian Exports under Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Products.
16. China is selling Missile Technology to Pakistan as per Reports
China is supporting Pakistan in forming the tracking and Missile system as many Chinese Experts spent more than 2 months in Pakistan.
China is emerging as the World Power and to become a helping hand for Pakistan is a serious International Issue.
China is having the biggest army in the World with 22 Lakh Personnel whereas India stands on the Second Position in Army Size followed by USA, North Korea and Russia.
17. The finance ministers and the central bank governors began the first G20 meeting in the Buenos Aires.
The meeting held in Buenos Aires is the first phase of the five meetings to be held before Argentina hosts the G20 Summit from 30th November to 1st December.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India has signed various MoUs with Jordan during the visit of the King of Jordan to India. List of the MoUs is given below.
MoU on Defence Cooperation.
Visa waiver for diplomatic and official passport holders.
Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP).
Manpower Cooperation Agreement.
MoU for cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine between India and Jordan.
MoU for setting up of the next generation Centre of Excellence (COE) in Jordan.
MoU for long-term supply of Rock Phosphate and Fertilizer/NPK.
Customs Mutual Assistance Agreement.
Twining Agreement between Agra and Petra (Jordan).
Cooperation between Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) and Jordan Media.Institute (JMI).
MoU between Prasar Bharati and Jordan TV.
MoU between University of Jordan (UJ) and ICCR regarding setting up of a Hindi Chair at the University.
2. Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signed an MoU with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for installing energy-efficient LED lights at airports, buildings and facilities owned by AAI across India.
EESL will make the entire upfront investment of INR 24.41 crore on the project.
The MoU is signed under the Buildings Energy Efficiency Programme (BEEP).
3. The Maharashtra government has tied up with Wikipedia to propagate the Marathi language and increase its online usage.
The state government made its announcement via a press release to declare March 1 as Marathi Language Day.
The agreement will help spreading the language across the globe and give Marathi-speaking people a single platform to interact.
4. The President of Vietnam signed some agreements with India in Economic, Agricultural and Nuclear field. List of Agreements signed during the visit of President of Vietnam to India.
MoU on Economic and Trade Cooperation.
Work Plan for the years 2018-2022 between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam.
MoU on Cooperation between the Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership, India (GCNEP) and the Vietnam Atomic Energy Institute (VINATOM).
5. India, Bangladesh and Russia have signed a tripartite memorandum of understanding for cooperation in construction of Rooppur nuclear power plant near Dhaka, Bangladesh.
6. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU between Union Public Service
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here