Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
National Current Affairs
International Current Affairs
Mergers & Acquisition Updates
Banking & Economics Affairs
Memorandum of Understanding
|Science & Technology Events|
Sports Current Affairs
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates||
Important Days & Deaths
|Recent Deaths Updates||
Bills [Amendments & New]
To get the Monthly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the annual conference – Rajaswa Gyan Sangam 2017 at New Delhi on 1st September 2017.
The aim was to enable two-way communication between policy-makers and senior officers in field offices
2. Union Minister Thaawar Chand Gehlot has launched a scheme that provides for physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to the BPL category in Gujarat.
3. The Sports Ministry has approved constitution of a 13-member Empowered Steering Committee (ESC).
It will shape and influence India’s preparation for multi- disciplinary events, including 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
4. Environment Ministry has launched an environment awareness initiative, under which an online environmental quiz competition named “Prakriti Khoj” was conducted at the national level.
5. The Karnataka government has decided to merge various health schemes and launch to ensure medical benefits. ‘Arogya Bhagya’ to cover all the 1.4 crore households.
6. President Ramnath Kovind laid the foundation stone for link – 4 of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation Scheme (SAUNI) Yojana in Rajkot district.
This multipurpose project aims to solve water problems of parched Saurashtra region of Gujarat.
7. NITI Aayog has launched the National Nutrition Strategy aimed at Kuposhan Mukt Bharat.
8. NITI Aayog has constituted an Expert Task Force (headed by Vice Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar) to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports.
9. An expert committee under the Chairmanship of former apex court judge Justice BN Sri Krishna has been constituted.
The aim of the committee is to identify key data protection issues in India and recommend methods to address them.
10. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani flagged off statewide ‘Narmada Mahotsav Yatra’.
The objective is to create awareness about the importance of increased water supply from Narmada canal-based projects to different parts of the state.
11. The Union Minister of Environment, Forest, Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, addressed the Business and Climate Summit (BCS) 2017 in New Delhi.
12. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the government will undertake a program “school chalo abhiyan” from next year to enroll “70-80 lakh” students who are out of school.
13. Narendra Modi and Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe laid the foundation for the country’s first high-speed train project.
The Rs 1,10,000-crore project – popularly called the bullet train – aims to modernize the country’s crumbling vast colonial-era rail networks.
14. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation for building the nation’s first Greenfield smart city project in HEC of Ranchi.
15. Kochi will host the fifth edition of Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation Business Summit on 22nd September 2017.
16. Assam government will provide skill development training to as many as 30 thousand surrendered militants.
17. NIC and IAMAI have collaborated to conduct Nation Wide Hackathon #OpenGovDataHack across seven states of India.
It aims to Support & Show case potentially great Ideas/Talent from Inner India.
18. The Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurate the 2-day National Conference on “Uniformed Women in Prison Administration” on 14th September 2017.
19. Karnataka is the first state to roll out an Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Policy to set up charging infrastructure and special manufacturing zones.
20. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Sardar Sarovar Dam – world’s second biggest dam (an Important Power Plant) on the Narmada river in Gujarat.
21. On the occasion of Hindi Diwas, President Ram Nath Kovind has launched a new ‘LILA Mobile App’ for Hindi lovers.
22. President Ram Nath Kovind has launched a nation- wide, fortnight-long sanitation campaign “‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ (Cleanliness is Service)” from 15th September 2017 to highlight the Modi government’s flagship cleanliness initiative Swachh Bharat Mission.
23. Sachin Tendulkar launched Mission-24, a programme which aims to improve the quality of life in one of Mumbai’s poorest wards through collaborative efforts in the next 24 months.
24. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘Wood is Good ‘campaign in New Delhi.
25. Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao flagged off a hundred mobile veterinary clinics for as many Assembly constituencies in the State.
The clinics, like 108 for people which are serviced by GVK-EMRI, will also be aided by the same combination on toll free number 1962.
26. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister has launched Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shram Anna Sahayata Yojna under which nutritious meal for Rs 5 will be provided to labourers in the state.
27. A major IT firm along with Maharashtra Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) is building a tool for storage of DNA profile of criminals to help police investigations.
28. The fifth edition of the North-East Festival will begin in New Delhi on 3rd November 2017.
29. The government has decided to set up an inter-ministerial committee to monitor implementation of measures to check rise in financial cybercrimes.
30. The Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu released a Commemorative Coin on Bharat Ratna Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi.
He also inaugurated an exhibition entitled “Kurai Onrum Illai-MS: Life in Music” on the occasion of Birth Centenary Commemoration of Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi.
31. The Union Minister of State Dr. Jitendra Singh has inaugurated first ‘Pension Adalat’, which is devoted to resolve the issues and grievances related to pensioners.
32. Himachal Pradesh became the first state of India to introduce electrical bus service in the country.
This new initiative will boost the green transport in the state and will surely motivate other states to also implement such kind of green transportation.
33. The International Association for Adolescent Health’s 11th World Congress on Adolescent Health will be held in New Delhi from 27 – 29th October 2017.
The theme for 2017 will be ‘Investing in Adolescent Health-The Future is Now’.
34. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated to the nation, the Deendayal Hastkala Sankul – A trade facilitation Centre for handicrafts at Varanasi.
35. NITI Aayog and Govt. of Assam launched SATH – Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Guwahati.
It aims to provide structured support to Assam in identifying key health priorities.
36. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced “Saubhagya scheme” for providing 24X7 electricity to all on 25th September 2017.
The scheme aims to cover all rural families after expected electrification of all villages by December end this year.
37. Jammu and Kashmir governor inaugurated the Second International Yoga Festival and International Yoga Sports Championship 2017 in which about 300 people from across the world are participating.
38. Government is planning a new project ‘lab on boat’ of the department of biotechnology which aims at starting a laboratory on boat for analyzing Brahmaputra River in terms of biological factors of the river system.
39. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana or ‘Saubhagya’, to supply electricity to poor households.
40. Government of India has launched a Mudra Promotion Campaign on National basis from 27th September – 17th October 2017.
A total of “50 such Mudra Promotion Campaigns” will be organised in different parts of the country.
41. Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched an electronic Platform ‘PENCIL’ for effective enforcement for No Child Labour.
It aims at involving Centre, State, District, Governments, civil society and the public in achieving the target of child labour free society.
42. A leading state in milk production, Haryana, would now get benefits from the techniques and experience of Israel, leader in milk production in the world, for increasing the average milk production.
43. The Minister of Communication Shri Manoj Sinha announced DoT’s first ever Mobile, Internet and Technology Event in India – India Mobile Congress 2017, which was held on 27 – 29th September 2017.
44. India Government has set up a High-Level Forum on 5G India 2020.
The primary goals of the forum are to achieve: Early deployment of 5G in India.
45. Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) & “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System” in New Delhi.
46. The Ministry of Shipping has renamed Kandla Port Trust as Deendayal Port Trust by exercising powers conferred on it under Indian Ports Act, 1908.
47 The Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi, has given its approval for implementation of Umbrella Scheme for 2 years -2017-18 to 2019-20.
48. The IBBI registered National E-Governance Services Limited (NESL) as an Information Utility under the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
49. The Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) of the Ministry of Women & Child Development has started a monthly “Jan Sampark” program.
The aim is to enable the public to interact with its officials and staff for seeking information related to Adoption.
50. President Ram Nath Kovind launched ‘Adopt a Heritage’ initiative on World Tourism Day which is an attempt to boost Indian tourism with “greater focus on digital presence and social media”.
Those entrusted with the development of tourist amenities at the adopted sites would be known as ‘Monument Mitras.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The Civil Aviation Administration of China announced the opening of the country’s first test-flight base for civilian drones in Shanghai.
2. The 9th BRICS Summit was held in Xiamen, China.
The theme of the summit was “Stronger Partnership for Brighter Future”.
3. The 12th edition of India-Nepal joint military exercise- Surya Kiran XII was held at Nepal Army Battle School (NABS) in Saljhandi, Nepal.
4. UJALA, one of the successful schemes by the Government of India has been launched in Melaka, Malaysia.
It aims to sell LED bulbs at affordable price.
5. People’s bank of China has banned individuals and organizations from raising funds through Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) saying the practice constituted illegal fund-raising.
6. Hurricane Irma is all set to move towards Florida – After causing havoc in many Caribbean islands including Haiti.
7. The 13th edition of joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas-2017” between India and the USA will be conducted in Washington, USA from 14th to 27th September 2017.
8. The Pakistan Air Force and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army-Air Force (PLAAF) began joint training exercises dubbed ‘Shaheen VI’ in China.
9. India’s External Affairs Minister Ms. Sushma Swaraj participated in the third Eastern Economic Forum (EEF), which was held in Vladivostok, Russia.
10. 5th East Asia Summit Economic Ministers Meeting was held in Pasay City, Philippines on 9th September 2017.
11. India is sending humanitarian assistance under Operation Insaniyat to Bangladesh to help with the influx of Rohingya refugees.
12. Exercise Yudh Abhyas – 2017, a joint military exercise between Indian and US armies commenced at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA with a brief and impressive opening ceremony.
13. Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous exponents of the ancient Indian yoga practice.
The stamps on Bishnu Charan Ghosh, his son Biswanath Ghosh, daughter Karuna Ghosh and Karuna’s father in law Asutosh Ghosh.
14. First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) from 10 – 13th October 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
15. The US will provide a humanitarian aid package worth $32 million to the Rohingya Muslim minority.
16. External Affairs Minister of India Ms. Sushma Swaraj addressed the 72nd session of UNGA 72.
50 countries signed a treaty to ban nuclear weapons - No development, test, produce, manufacture, acquire, possess or stock nuclear weapons under any circumstances.
17. India will host the 14th India-European Union (EU) Summit in New Delhi on 6th October 2017.
The summit will see the two sides declaring their resolve to combat terrorism and intensifying economic cooperation.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Swedish defence giant Saab and Indian conglomerate Adani group have announced collaboration in defence manufacturing.
The 1st MoU is between the Railway Ministry and the Federal Department for technical cooperation in rail sector.
2nd MoU will help Konkan Railway in establishing the GFITT in Goa, especially for assimilation and dissemination of knowledge in the field of tunneling.
2. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) enters Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with IISc Bangalore for development of ground water flow models.
3. Goa Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Google India.
The objective of this MoU was to promote digital literacy in different parts of India.
4. 10 MoUs signed between India and Myanmar.
MoU on Maritime Security Cooperation.
Cultural Exchange Programme for the year 2017-2020.
MoU on upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Centre at Yamethin, Myanmar.
MoU for Sharing White Shipping Information (Indian Navy and Myanmar Navy)
Technical Agreement for providing Coastal Surveillance System.
MoU on Cooperation in Medical Products Regulation.
MoU on the establishment of MIIT.
MoU on India-Myanmar Center for Enhancement of IT-Skill.
MoU between the Election Commission and Union Election Commission.
MoU on Cooperation between Myanmar and Indian Press Council.
5. India, Switzerland ink two MoUs in the field of Railways.
MoU between Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology.
MoU between Ministry of Railways and Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications of the Swiss Federation on Technical.
6. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) enters Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with IIS Bangalore for development of ground water flow models.
7. Assam Government has signed MoU with Google.
The aim is to take Internet connectivity to the remotest part of the state.
8. CBDT signs MoU with Corporate Affairs Ministry for Data Sharing.
It will enable sharing of specific information such as permanent account number (PAN) data in respect of corporates, income tax returns of corporates
9. India and Sri Lanka signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The aim is to upgrade Thondaman Vocational Training Centre(TVTC), Hatton located in Nuwara Eliya District of Sri Lanka.
10. Three state-run PSUs - National Aluminium Company (Nalco), Hindustan Copper (HCL) and MECL have signed an MoU to form a joint venture “Khanij Bidesh India Ltd”.
The proposed JV will identify, explore, acquire, develop and process strategic minerals overseas for commercial use and to meet domestic supply needs.
11. A MoU was signed by Lt Gen Ashwani Kumar and Prof. E Vayunandan, Vice Chancellor at Maharashtra Open University.
The University will award Diploma in Self-Empowerment and a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Commerce under – PROJECT YASH VIDYA enabling them with academic qualifications for better future.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The country’s eight infrastructure sectors grew 2.4 per cent in July this year.
The infrastructure sector had expanded 3.1 per cent in July last year, and had grown 0.8 per cent in June this year.
2. India’s economic growth unexpectedly slowed to 5.7% in the June quarter, throwing up a challenge to the economy.
3. Five banks of the BRICS Bank Cooperation Mechanism have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies and cooperate on credit ratings.
Brazilian Development Bank, Vnesheconom bank, Export-Import Bank of India, China Development Bank and Development Bank of South Africa signed the agreement in Beijing.
4. The government’s fiscal deficit at the end of July this year touched 4 percent of the budget estimate.
5.Public sector and private banks have got a month’s extension to establish Aadhaar enrolment centres within their premises.
Rs 20,000 per uncovered branch shall be levied on the bank for failing to adhere to the target of setting up of enrollment and update centres in 10% of its branches by 30th September 2017.
6. American e-commerce company Amazon has opened its largest fulfilment center (FC) in the country at the GMR-led Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
7. The PFRDA has announced that the upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) have been raised to 65 years, from the current 60.
8. HDFC Bank surpassed Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to become the country’s second most valued firm in terms of market valuation.
9. Tech giant Google will launch a digital payment service- Google TEZ in India next week.
The service will include support for Unified Payments Interface (UPI) as well as mobile wallets like Paytm and MobiKwik.
10. IndusInd Bank has secured up to $200 million (about Rs 1,282 crore) loan from to serve low-income women borrowers in rural areas.
11. The Reserve Bank of India is considering a proposal to introduce India’s own cryptocurrency that will be similar to Bitcoin.
The government might name its cryptocurrency “Lakshmi”.
12. According to a survey HSBC has said India is likely to overtake Japan and Germany to become the third largest economy in the next 10 years but needs to be consistent in reforms and focus more on the social sector.
13. India has replaced China as the numero uno retail destination in 2017 as part of the global retail development index, according to industry experts.
14. India gets its first high horse power Locomotive with the bodyshell of 12000 HP loco from Alstom France.
This is the first major FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) project in the rail sector.
15. According to OECD – India’s economy will likely grow 6.7% in the Financial year 2018, lower than its estimate of 7.3% in June due to the temporary impact of the rollout of the goods and services tax and demonetization.
16. According to a survey conducted by Brand Finance, London – State Bank of India (SBI) is India’s most trusted and most popular bank in India.
17. ADB has approved a loan of USD 300 million to continue a comprehensive series of fiscal reforms in West Bengal to bring about more accessible, affordable, and high quality public services.
18. NABARD sanctions Rs 119 cr loan for Haryana to construct seven bridges and improvement of one rural road project in five districts of Haryana.
19. SBI will open banking personnel training institute for employees of other banks in India & South East Asian countries.
20. IDBI Bank initiates ‘Project Nishchay’ to improve financial performance and accelerate the struggling lender’s turnaround programme.
21. According to ADB, India’s growth forecast has lowered to 7 percent owing to weakness in private consumption, manufacturing output and business investment.
22. Multilateral lending agency ADB has approved a loan of $80 million (about Rs 524 crore) for modernisation of Himachal Pradesh’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions.
23. HDFC Bank said it will be collaborating with 50 technology and business schools to tap into emerging fintech ideas.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Assam government has passed PRANAM Bill.
The Bill has mandatory for Assam government employees to look after their aged and dependent parents and physically challenged siblings, if any, who don’t have their own source of income.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. ISRO had launched the IRNSS-1H into orbit using the PSLV C39 rocket, but failed.
IRNSS-1H is India’s 8th navigation satellite in the IRNSS series.
2. India gets its first indigenous sniper rifle, launched at the Rifle Factory, Ishapore near Kolkata.
3. Locky, a deadly “ransomware” has hit India.
State-run Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) urging users to not open any emails with attachments from unknown senders.
4. India’s indigenously developed 3rd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) – “Nag” has been successfully flight tested twice.
5. DRDO develops trawl system to locate landmines.
The Trawl System developed by DRDO can breach a variety of land mines including passive and active influence mines.
6. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged-off Indian Naval Sailing Vessel (INSV) Tarini at the INS Mandovi naval training base near Panaji.
The crew of the ‘Sagar Parikrama’ comprises of six-member all women team on board.
The crew is expected to return to Goa in April 2018.
7. The state-owned Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai delivered the first of six scorpion class submarines to the Indian Navy. The submarine, INS Kalvari will be commissioned soon.
It will replace the Indian Navy’s aging Sindhughosh and Shishumar class of submarines.
8. A multi-agency exercise was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake – ‘Pralay Sahayam’
National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and the Armed Forces towards jointly tackling an urban flooding scenario in Hyderabad.
9. The 3rd edition of IISF 2017 will be held in Chennai during 13 -16th October 2017 at various venues.
It will emphasize the role of technologies and innovation.
India has declared 2010-20 as the ‘Decade of Innovation’.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||BWF World Ranking 2017||Saina & Srikanth|
|2.||New Chief Coach for Hockey, India||Waltherus Marijne|
|3.||First wicketkeeper with 100 ODI stumpings||M S Dhoni|
|4.||Calcutta Football League||East Bengal|
|5.||Asian Cup Football 2017 Winner||India|
|6.||Winner of Gold Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting||Konsam Ormila Devi|
|7.||Host country of Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2019||India|
|8.||US Open Women’s Singles 2017 Winner||Sloane Stephens|
|9.||Winners of Mixed doubles title at US Open||Murray & Hingis|
|10.||US Open 2017 men’s||Rafael Nadal|
|11.||US Open 2017 women’s double crown||Martina Hingis|
|12.||Host Country of BWF World Senior Badminton Championship||Kochi|
|13.||Winner of 2nd SABA U-16 Championship title||India|
|14.||National Kickboxing Championship-Winner of Chief Minister’s cup||Maharashtra|
|15.||Host City of 36th National Games||Goa|
|16.||Hosts Country of 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games||Paris and Los Angeles|
|17.||Winner of Korea Open Super Series title||PV Sindhu|
|18.||Singapore Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|19.||Women’s pentathlon fifth Asian Games Gold Medalist||Purnima Hembram|
|20.||First Indian AIBA representative at IOC athletes’ forum||MC Mary Kom|
|21.||Topper of ICC Test Rankings in Cricket||India|
|22.||Host of South Asian boxing Championship||India|
|23.||ITF Men’s Future Tennis Tournament Winner||Sasi Kumar Mukund|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S.No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar||Nita Ambani|
|2.||NHAI awarded its first Project in Myanmar to-||Punj Lloyd-Varaha|
|3.||ISSF Shotgun World Championship Silver Medalist||Ankur Mittal|
|4.||National Award for ‘Excellence’ in Energy Management||Hyderabad airport|
|5.||India’s first World Heritage City with UNESCO||Ahmedabad|
|6.||One World Festival Award Winner in the field of organic farming, Sikkim||Pawan Chamling|
|7.||Container Terminal of the Year Award 2017||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Container Terminal|
|8.||Krishi Pragati Awards 2017||Raghunandan Money|
|9.||Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar||Vijaya Bank|
|10.||Winner of Balzan Prize||Bina Agarwal (Indian economist)|
|11.||Global Diversity Award||Salman Khan|
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here