Get daily Current Affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Department of Science and Technology has launched VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme.
The scheme enables NRIs and overseas scientific community to participate and contributes to research and development in India.
2. Urban development minister M. Venkaiah Naidu launched its first liveability index which will rank the country’s 116 major cities on the basis of the quality of life.
The index named ‘City Liveability Index’ will cover cities with a population above one million, including the capital cities.
3. Union Minister Piyush Goyal has launched Weather Portal for Power Sector & Web Portal ‘MERIT’ (Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency).
POSOCO-IMD Weather Portal The weather portal has been developed in association with POSOCO and IMD.
The portal will have information regarding weather forecast to the state Discoms.
4. The Maharashtra Government to launch My Plant app to create a database on tree plantation.
The app would be helpful in recording the tree plantations in the street.
5. NITI-Aayog has chosen the CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad for hosting the Rs. 10-crore Atal Incubation Centre for biotechnology start-ups.
The centre will identify promising start-ups and create facilities for them to succeed in the field of biotechnology.
6. External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj announced that the passport application fee for applicants under the age of eight and over the age of 60 had been reduced by 10 percent.
She also informed that from now onwards, all new passports issued will be in Hindi and in English both.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India and Russia agreed to sign a roadmap for the development of bilateral defense cooperation.
The roadmap aims to enhance cooperation in the field of political and military dialogue, exercises, exchange of visits, military cooperation and training of military personnel.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Former Indian powerlifter and South Asian Games gold medal winner, Kavita Devi becomes the first Indian woman to appear in WWE.
She has been selected to compete in the Mae Young Classic which is the first-ever WWE tournament for women.
2. Kuldeep Yadav became the first male Chinaman bowler to represent India in ODIs, making his debut in the first ODI against West Indies.
Yadav, who made his Test debut against Australia in March this year, is the 217th ODI cricketer to represent India.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Nisha Dutt, CEO of Intellecap has become the first Indian woman leader to have been honoured with the Social Entrepreneur of the Year award at the 7th Asian Awards in London.
Nisha Dutt has been honoured in recognition of her work in making Intellecap a globally known enterprise that focuses on social capital.
2. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee received the highest prize in United Nations Public Service Award for the State Government’s Kanyashree Prakalpa (Girl Child) scheme in The Hague, Netherlands.
West Bengal has been awarded in the Asia-Pacific group for the category is ‘Reaching the Poorest and Most Vulnerable through Inclusive Services and Participation’.
3. Azim Premji honoured with Carnegie Medal of Philanthropy for his efforts to reform India’s public school system.
He was among the nine philanthropists named recipients of the 2017 Carnegie Medal of Philanthropy in recognition of their outstanding and innovative leadership in philanthropy.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Imran Khawaja appointed as International Cricket Council (ICC) as Deputy Chairman.
He is a senior lawyer and serving in the ICC Board for several years.
2. ICHR’s member secretary Anand Shanker Singh resigned from the post citing personal reasons, within six months after his appointment by the Human Resource Department Ministry.
He was vice-president of the Uttar Pradesh chapter of RSS-backed Akhila Bharatiya Itihasa Sankalana Yojana (ABISY) and principal of Iswar Saran Degree College in Allahabad.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Reserve Bank of India has extended the scope of Banking Ombudsman Scheme.
As per the amendment, the pecuniary jurisdiction of the Banking Ombudsman to pass an award is doubled to 20 lakh rupees.
Science & Technology:
1. Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT) is the world’s biggest telescope which would facilitate astronomers to observe the intricacies of the universe from earth.
It is a multi- million -dollar project being developed by an international consortium of five countries including India.
The other four countries are Canada, China, Japan and the U.S.
1. International Olympic Day is celebrated on 23rd June of every year.
It is a day for the world to get active, learn about Olympic values and discover new sports.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Follow us on Facebook and YouTube. Also, comment your views.
Image Courtesy: Google Images
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here