Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Israel President Reuven Rivlin arrived in Mumbai on November 14th on a six-day visit to India to further strengthen bilateral ties.
He will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and will join President Pranab Mukherjee in opening an aggrotech conference in Chandigarh.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum’s Week started at Lima in Peru bringing together leaders of world’s largest economies, businessmen and investors.
A creation of Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific, which would include all APEC states, is one of the main topics on the agenda of the 2016 APEC Summit.
1. Lewis Hamilton has won Brazilian Grand Prix.
It was the ninth win for Hamilton this season.
Nico Rosberg finished second in the race.
2. International Master Padmini Rout has won the 2016 National Women Premier Chess Championship.
She has scored a hat-trick in the National Women Premier Chess Championship.
Earlier she had won the championship in 2014 and 2015.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Imtiaz Sooliman, an Indian-origin man from South Africa, was awarded the Global Citizen Award for his “innovative and visionary” contribution to the global community.
He founded the internationally-lauded Gift of the Givers Foundation, which is Africa’s largest disaster relief organization.
2. Lyricist-writer Gulzar will be honoured with 2016 Tata Literature Live! Poet Laureate Award.
The award will be presented to Gulzar, an Oscar, and Grammy Award winner, at the inaugural of the festival on November 17.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Mahindra and Mahindra appointed Pawan Goenka as Managing Director.
Anand Mahindra was re-designated as Executive Chairman.
Goenka joined Mahindra as general manager, R&D in 1993.
He was elevated as executive director on the board in 2013
2. Private sector lender YES Bank has appointed Amresh Acharya as Group President and Head of Global Indian Banking.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed Special Task Force to speed up the process of recalibration of automated teller machines (ATM) to dispense the new denomination notes.
The Special Task Force will be headed by S Mundra, Deputy Governor, RBI.
Representatives from the Union Finance and Home ministries, RBI, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) will be its members.
2. Federal Bank, India’s major commercial bank in the private sector has received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s permission to open its branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre.
It will be the first international branch of the bank.
Science & Technology:
1. The Supermoon on 14th November 2016 was observed brightest after the moon was closest to the Earth at 356,509 km.
This is the first time moon came closest to Earth since 1948.
Last time, the moon came closer to earth on 26 January 1948.
Next time the supermoon will be observed on 25 November 2034.
2. According to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the year 2016 was the warmest year on record globally.
It was mentioned in the WMO’s preliminary assessment provided in its ‘Status of the Global Climate in 2016’
Global temperatures for January to September 2016 were 1.2oC above pre-industrial levels and 0.88°C above the average for the 1961-1990 reference period (baseline).
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Follow us on Facebook and YouTube. Also, comment your views.
Image Courtesy: Google Images
This post first appeared on IBPS PO 2015 Exam Syllabus & Question Paper Patter, please read the originial post: here