Careers as Java Developer – Introduction
Java is a programming language and a platform. Below are the features of programming language Java:
- Compiled and Interpreter Language
- Platform Independent Language
- Object-Oriented Language
- Robust and Secure Language
- Distributed Language
- Simple Small and Familiar Language
- Multithreaded and Interactive Language
- Dynamic and Extensible Code Language
- Architectural Neutral Language
- Portable Language
- High-performance Language
- Interpreted Language
Java is widely considered to be one of the most popular in the world. A report 9 million developers use Java regularly. Java is an influential language, as many languages descended from it. Whereas C and C++ were platform dependent, Java Programming was designed to be platform independent, meaning that it could work on multiple device types without cumbersome additional programming.
Java is a programming language that was developed by Sun Microsystems and made available to the public in 1995. Built in the tradition of C and C++, Java was designed originally for use in consumer electronic devices like remote controls, cell phones, and even microwave ovens.
Education Required to Build Careers in Java Developer
There are different Java Certifications. These certifications are based on different roles and responsibilities. These certifications are available at different levels of Careers as Java Developer. Java certifications are available at Entry Level, Mid-Level and Senior Level. If you are looking your Careers as Java Developer, it’s wise to get certified in Java Prophecy.
Oracle provides different ways to advance career for a Java Programmer. Oracle Provides certification and training programs. A training program is centered on application development. It also focuses on fundamentals of Program Architecture.
Oracle provides Certification at three levels:
Associate Level: This certification program includes:
- Oracle Certified Associate
- Java SE 5/SE 6 for entry-level programmers
- Certification courses conducted by Oracle
- Test module of 115-minute assessment
Professional Level: This certification program includes:
- Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer
- Mid-level programmers
- Test module of 180-minute assessment
Master Level: This certification program includes:
- Advanced Java Certification
- An Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer certification
- Complete a programming assignment over a 12 month period
- Need to write code for a small business system as per technical requirements
- Two-hour exam through Oracle
Career Path in Java Developer
The roles and responsibilities depend on Company and Job Profile. Sometimes responsibilities changes as per project requirement. Java developer or Java programmer will vary greatly depending on the company and specific position but common roles include:
- Drive best practice, quality, and consistency within design and development phases
- Delivering high availability
- Delivering high performance
- Writing a well-designed algorithm and reusable programs
- Design, implement and maintain java application phases
- To take part in software and architectural development activities
- Develop technical designs for application development
- Develop application code for java programs
- Mentor and coach development team
- Identify opportunities for fine-tuning
- Optimize applications of java developed projects
- Support continuous improvement
- Preparing and producing releases of software components
According to some survey results, the demand for Careers as Java Developer is expected to grow by 19% by 2024. Java is only used in 2.6 percentages of websites on server-side programming.
New Java programmer can easily start learning Java with the basics. It is easy to break into for new programmers and though it does take time to be master in Java. Due to its ease of use and many platforms are dependent on Java, there are many Java developers for companies to hire. Java Programmers also support application; modernization across industries, organizations must understand that Java is different from other mainframe applications.
The opportunities to create and code are seemingly endless. Career as Java development is one that offers the chance to grow with whichever company you find yourself in. High demand for programmers means an increase of full-time employment in Java Programming.
Currently, we are working on Java Version 8, and the latest version, of Java, version 9, is scheduled to release. Oracle Java has consistently ranked as the most popular language worldwide for over few decades.
Java is not only easy to learn but is also is designed in such a way that it is easy to use, easy to write, compile, debug, and learn as compared to other programming languages. It also allows you to create reusable code and modular programs.
As you can see in the above Java is widely used in the industry and is highly popular. Some of the different domains where Java is used widely are as follows:
Big Data: Hadoop MapReduce framework is written using Java. Hadoop Cluster tools like Hive and Pig works on MapReduce concept. Their frameworks are also in Java.
Scientific and Research Community: Java is the choice of many software developers for writing applications involving scientific calculations and mathematical operations. These programs are generally considered to be fast and secure, have a higher degree of portability and low maintenance. Applications like MATLAB use Java both for interacting user interface and as part of the core system. Mostly used to deal with huge amount of data
Retail: Billing and ordering applications that you see in a store/restaurant are completely written in Java. Backhand programming is done using Java Framework.
Banking: To deal with transaction management and all the banking software like Finacle are built on Java.
Mobile Applications: Java is a cross-platform framework to build applications that run across all Java supported devices. Android is one of most popular mobile operating systems are usually scripted in Java using the Android Software Development Kit (SDK).
Salary or Commercials Expected for Java profile
The median annual Java Developer salary is $89,445, as of March 01, 2018, with a range usually between $75,711-$100,849, however, this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors. Our team of Certified Compensation Professionals has analyzed survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at companies of all sizes and industries to present this range of annual salaries for people with the job title Java Developer in the United States.
Careers as Java developer are vital to many industries and they help create and build the overall structure of various applications and software that can improve lives, through education, entertainment, and learning. Applications for a wide range of environments, from consumer devices to heterogeneous enterprise systems are being developed by Java Programming. Java Programmer helps you in developing, deploying and using all applications and services with 9 million developers worldwide.
This has been a guide to Careers as Java Developer.Here we have discussed the Introduction, Education, Career Path in Java Developer, Job Positions, Salary and Career Outlook in Java Developer.you may also look at the following article to learn more –
- Important Points on Careers in SQL
- 6 Common Career Missteps One Should Completely Avoid
- 3 Important ERP Career Options: Which One Is Right For You?
- 10 Steps To Make a Financially Intelligent Career Move
The post Careers as Java Developer appeared first on EDUCBA.