I recently got curious about the Hydroponics growing systems and purchased the one manufactured by iDoo. I'm quite happy with the purchase and the system definitely sold me on the idea of Hydroponics.
For the uninitiated, hydroponics is basically a small indoor garden that grows plants without soil. The idea is that you avoid the mess that comes with soil based systems. The system is basically a contained with a bunch of pods for the plants to grow. The pods are directly immersed in water which is enriched with the Plant food solution (provided as part of this package). The LEDs simulate sunlight and help the plants grow. This system works for herbs usually.
Coming to the iDoo system itself -
- Well designed and looks elegant.
- Comes with plant food that lasts at least one crop.
- LEDs are not too bright.
- Different LED settings for different stages of growth.
- All parts are detachable making it easy to clean.
- There are barely any instructions on the Amazon product page or in the package. I had to read a lot about hydroponics on the internet to figure out how to use it.
- No seeds are given in the started package.
I waited to write this review to see if my plants will start growing. Four days after sowing, the tomato, basil and cilantro plants have already sprouted.