Read More -->>
- Today is International Tiger Day.
- The day is held annually on 29th July to raise awareness for tiger conservation.
- It was founded in 2010 at the St. Petersburg Tiger Summit, with the aim to double the big cat population by 2022.
- The goal of this day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation.
- The Afghan government has lost territory to the Afghan Taliban, with districts under government forces down to 65.6% from 70.5% in January, according to a US military report.
- Note : This report comes after Obama's statement that America shall limit withdrawal of troops from the country, leaving 8,400 troops in Afghanistan instead of the originally-planned 5,500 troops until 2017.