Read More -->>
- Today (18th May) is International Museum Day.
- Theme of the year 2016 : Museums and Cultural Landscapes
- The Republic of Panama has officially signed a deal to comply with standards in exchanging tax information as prescribed by global body Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Note : This comes a month after the 'Panama Papers' data leak which revealed records of over 200,000 offshore companies.
- However, the new membership does not take effect until 2018.
- The United States has eased sanctions on Myanmar to support political reforms while expressing concern over its alleged human rights violations.
- Myanmar's state-owned banks were removed from the US blacklist and sanctions against state-owned timber and mining companies were lifted.
- The USA also indefinitely extended a sanctions exemption that allows financing shipments coming from Myanmar.
- The US Senate has passed a bill that will allow the families of 9/11 victims to file lawsuits against Saudi Arabia.
- This comes after Saudi reportedly threatened to withdraw its investments worth $750 billion in the US if the bill became a law.