Read More -->>
- Today (29th April) is International Dance Day / World Dance Day.
- The day was introduced in 1982 by the International Dance Committee of the UNESCO International Theatre Institute.
- The date was chosen to commemorate the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, who was born in 1727, a French dancer and ballet master and a great reformer of dance.
- Today is the "Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare".
- This day is officially recognised by the United Nations (UN) and has been celebrated since 2005.
- Myanmar has banned all logging operations in the country's forests as part of its efforts to tackle deforestation.
- Myanmar had earlier banned the export of raw timber logs in 2014 to boost its own production and slow deforestation.
- Myanmar Forest Ministry data has revealed that the country's forest cover fell to 47% in 2010 from 58% in 1990.
- Belgium's Health minister Maggie De Block has revealed plans to distribute anti-radiation iodine pills to 11 million Belgian citizens in case of nuclear accidents.
- Recently, Belgium's Tihange 2 and Doel 3 reactors resumed service after being shut following signs of metal degradation.
- The US Congress has formally invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address a joint session of the Congress on June 8, during his visit to the country.
- India extended a Line of Credit (LoC) of 1 billion US dollars to Mongolia.
- The LoC was extended after delegation-level bilateral talks between the Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh and Mongolian Foreign Minister Lundeg Purevsuren in New Delhi.
- The two countries also agreed to exchange sentenced persons.
- Important Points to Note :
- Lundeg Purevsuren was on a three-day state visit to India from 27 April to 29 April 2016.
- This visit was a part of the intensified bilateral exchanges following the upgrade of bilateral relations during Modi's visit.