Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (16th January 2019) Important Current Affairs updates. You can download the pdf version of these current affairs from below link. Check complete Daily Current Affairs of the year 2019 from HERE. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 16th January 2019
International Current Affairs
- The 2nd India-Myanmar bilateral Army exercise 'IMBEX 2018-19' commenced at Chandimandir military station, Haryana.
- The exercise includes participation of 15 officers from Myanmar Army and 15 officers from Indian Army who shall jointly train for over a period of six days.
- Aim of IMBEX 2018-19 : To train the Myanmar delegation for participation in UN peacekeeping operations.
- UK Members of Parliament today rejected a deal reached by Prime Minister Theresa May with the European Union on the terms of Britain's exit from the bloc (Brexit).
- May sustained the heaviest parliamentary defeat of any British Prime Minister in the democratic era after the deal was rejected by a majority of 230.
- About the Brexit Deal :
- The Brexit deal, rejected by the British Parliament, includes both the Withdrawal Agreement on the terms on which Britain leaves the European Union (EU) and a Political Declaration for the future relationship.
- The Withdrawal Agreement covers issues including citizens' rights, the Irish border and the Brexit divorce bill.
- Trade and security are the two main components of the Political Declaration.