Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (6th September 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. You can download the pdf version of these current affairs from below link. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 6th September 2018
Download PDF Version of 6th September 2018 Current Affairs from HERE
International Current Affairs
- Foreign minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held the 1st high-level 2+2 talks with their US counterparts Mike Pompeo and Jim Mattis.
- They discussed issues of strategic and security interest.
- Both the countries have agreed to work together towards India's entry in the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
- Note : China has been opposing India's bid for NSG membership on the grounds that the country is not a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- The North and South Koreas have agreed to hold a summit during 18th to 20th September 2018 to discuss "practical measures" toward the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.
- India today retained the top WHO position in South-East Asia Region with Dr. PoonamKhetrapal Singh unanimously re-elected as Regional Director for another five-year term beginning February 2019.
- The elections were held at the ongoing Regional Committee meeting of WHO South-East Asia.
MOUs & Agreements
- India signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) with the US during the 2+2 talks in Delhi today.
- This deal will enable India to access advanced technologies from US.
- American security and aerospace giant Lockheed Martin has entered into an agreement with Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) to manufacture wings of its F-16 fighter jets in India.
- Note : Producing F-16 wings in India will support Central Government’s flagship ‘Make in India’ programme and strengthen Lockheed Martin’ strategic partnership with TASL.