Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (8th September 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. You can download the pdf version of these current affairs from below link. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 8th September 2018
Download PDF Version of 8th September 2018 Current Affairs from HERE
International Current Affairs
- India has improved its ranking by one spot from 2016 and now stands 19th in the ‘Theft Ranking’ for countries with weapons usable nuclear materials, according to the Nuclear Security Index released today.
- The index was released by the US-based Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), which is co-chaired by Sam Nunn and Ernest Moni.
- Note : Australia, which was at the top in 2012, 2014, and 2016 among the 22 countries with weapons-usable nuclear materials, this time shares the top spot with Switzerland.
- India and United States are going to conduct their annual combat exercise “Yudh Abhyas” at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand from 16 to 29 September, 2018.
- It will be 14th edition of exercise in Yudh Abhyas series which was started in 2004 under US Army Pacific Partnership Program.
- This will be fourth time exercise will be conducted at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand.
- Aim of Yudh Abhyas : To enhance interoperability between armies. It will also focus on enhancing counter-terror cooperation.
- President Ram Nath Kovind reached Prague (capital the Czech Republic) on the final leg of his three European nations visit (Cyprus, Bulgaria and Czech Republic).
- In Prague, he will hold a meeting with an Indian business delegation.
- Earlier in the day, the President met Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov.
- He also inaugurated a statue of Mahatma Gandhi in South Park at Sofia.
- He presented a copy of Mahatma Gandhi’s book Hind Swaraj to the President of Bulgaria.
- Both the countries called for reform of the UN Security Council. Bulgaria expressed its support for India's bid for permanent membership of the Council.