Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (18th August 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. You can download the pdf version of these current affairs from below link. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 17th August 2018
Download PDF Version of 18th August 2018 Current Affairs from HERE
International Current Affairs
- The 11th World Hindi Conference begins today in Mauritian capital Port Louis.
- The conference was inaugurated by Mauritian Prime Minister Praveen Kumar Jagannath.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Governor of Goa Mridula Sinha and West Bengal Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi are attending the conference.
- Theme of 11th World Hindi Conference : "Hindi World and Indian Culture"
National Current Affairs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced an interim relief fund of ₹500 crore for flood-hit Kerala after a meeting with Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan today.
- Modi also conducted an aerial survey of the affected districts, which was earlier delayed due to heavy rains.
- At least 324 lives have been lost in the state's worst floods since 1924.
Banking, Business & Economic Affairs
- Insurance regulator Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) today notified insurance companies asking them to cover medical treatment for mental illnesses on the same basis as it is available for treatment of physical illnesses.
- The order is applicable to all insurance companies in India with immediate effect.
- Note : This order comes three months after the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017 came into force on May 29.