Jim was given the oath of office by Vice President Mike Pence at the agency’s headquarters in Washington. With this, Bridenstine, a former Navy pilot, will become the 1st NASA chief with a non-scientific background. In his new role at NASA, Bridenstine takes over an agency critical to the nation’s economy, security and technological preeminence.
He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on April 19, to serve as the agency’s administrator. Prior to this position, he served in the U.S. House of Representatives for the state of Oklahoma, where he held positions on the House Armed Services Committee and the Science, Space and Technology Committee.
About NASA :
- NASA is US based independent agency responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
- Full form : National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Motto : For the Benefit of All
- Formed on : 29th July 1958
- Headquarters : Two Independence Square, Washington, D.C., U.S