Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (23rd April 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. You can download the pdf version of these current affairs from below link. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 23rd April 2018
Download PDF Version of 23rd April 2018 Current Affairs from HERE
International Current Affairs
- World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day is being observed today.
- This day is organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), to promote reading, publishing and copyright.
- The first World Book Day was celebrated on 23 April 1995.
- Important Points to Note :
- Athens chosen as the World Book Capital 2018.
- Sharjah named World Book Capital for the year 2019.
- Today (23rd April) is UN English Language Day.
- The event was established by the UNESCO in 2010.
- April 23 was chosen as the date for the English language because it is the birth anniversary of greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist William Shakespeare.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping and will hold informal talks during 27th and 28th April 2018 in China's Wuhan.
- Aim of this meeting : To improve relations and scale down tensions following the 73-day military standoff at Doklam.
- The Toronto District School Board has unanimously adopted a motion recognising November as 'Hindu Heritage Month' in the city.
- The board, which is the third-largest in North America, covers 583 schools.