Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (8th February 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 8th February 2018
International Current Affairs
- Bermuda has become the world's first country to abolish same-sex marriages, almost a year after it had allowed the same in May 2017.
- A Bangladesh court today sentenced Opposition leader and two-time ex-PM Khaleda Zia to five years in jail for corruption.
- The European Commission (EC) has announced that Serbia and Montenegro could join the European Union (EU) in 2025 as part of the EU enlargement plan for the Western Balkans.
National Current Affairs
- The Union Cabinet has approved implementation of Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme for doctoral students pursuing research in areas related to technology.
- Aim of PMRF : To realize importance of innovation and technology for progress and development of the nation.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is going to launch 20 bike ambulances to deal with casualties in the state's tourism belt.
- The ambulances will be equipped with basic life-saving equipment and two oxygen cylinders to serve as rapid service at places where four-wheeler ambulances cannot reach.
- A total of 100 bike ambulances will be introduced in the next six months.