Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (26th January 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 26th January 2018
International Current Affairs
- The ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit was recently held at New Delhi.
- This summit marks the 25 years of India's ties with the southeast Asian bloc.
- Leaders of the ten ASEAN countries, comprising Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Laos and Brunei have attended the summit.
- The ASEAN Nations have issued a joint statement titled Delhi Declaration focusing on counter-terrorism, identity security, military cooperation, and bilateral financial support.
- ASEAN - Association of South East Asian Nations.
- Theme of this summit : “Shared Values, Common Destiny”.
- 6 Southeast Asian nations (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Brunei) today formed an initiative titled 'Our Eyes'.
- Aim of 'Our Eyes' : To counter terrorism and extremism in the region.
- Under this initiative, nations will share information on militant groups and develop a common database of extremists.
National Current Affairs
- India celebrated its 69th Republic Day today with a record 10 heads of state from ASEAN Nations, watching the grand parade with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Rajpath, Delhi.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) today said that engineering students will study vedas, puranas, and yoga under the revised curriculum from the next academic session.
- The modified course will also focus on Indian philosophical, linguistic and artistic traditions.
- The Maharashtra government has launched `Balasaheb Thackeray Shaheed Sanmaan' scheme, under which family members of martyrs would be provided jobs with the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC).
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the World War II Memorial Museum in the state's Changlang district bordering Myanmar.