Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (4th January 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 4th January 2018
International Current Affairs
- Today (4th January) is World Braille Day.
- This day celebrates the 209th Birth Anniversary of French Innovator Louis Braille.
- Louis Braille was a French educator and inventor of a system of reading and writing for use by the visually impaired.
- His system remains known worldwide simply as braille.
- Myanmar is celebrating 70th Independence Day today.
- About Myanmar :
- Capital : Naypyidaw
- Official Language : Burmese
- President : Htin Kyaw
- Currency : Kyat
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj left for a 5-day visit to three South-East Asian nations—Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore.
- This visit, in line with India’s ‘Act East’ policy, comes ahead of India’s Republic Day celebrations on 26 January when leaders of all 10 Asean countries arrive in India as chief guests.
- Schedule :
- Swaraj will be in Thailand on 4-5 January where she will meet the country’s foreign affairs minister Don Pramudwinai.
- Following Thailand, Swaraj will visit Indonesia on 5-6 January and co-chair the 5th meeting of India-Indonesia Joint Commission with her Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi.