Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (1st January 2018) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 1st January 2018
International Current Affairs
- Today (1st January 2018) is World Day of Peace.
- This is a feast day of the Roman Catholic Church dedicated to universal peace.
- This day was first observed on 1 January 1968.
- Theme of World Day of Peace 2018 : ‘Migrants and Refugees: Men and Women in search of Peace’
- Important Note : Don't be confused between this day and International Day of Peace. The International Day of Peace is observed annually on 21 September.
- India and Pakistan have exchanged lists of their nuclear installations for the 27th consecutive time under the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations Agreement.
- The annual exchange of lists is aimed at updating the nations about the installations to be covered under the agreement.
National Current Affairs
- The Telangana government today launched a round-the-clock power supply to the state's 23 lakh farmers free of cost.
- President Ram Nath Kovind today gave his assent to The Indian Institutes of Management Bill, 2017.
- The bill which has now become a law, grants greater autonomy to the institutes, restricting the government's role in their functioning.
- This bill allows IIMs to award degrees instead of diplomas to their graduates.
- Arunachal Pradesh has been declared open defecation free ahead of the national deadline of October 2, 2019.
- The milestone was achieved after the state announced an incentive of ₹8,000 in addition to the ₹12,000-grant provided by the Centre for building toilets.
- Important Note : Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, and Haryana were already declared open defecation free states in October 2017.