Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (24th December 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 24th December 2017
International Current Affairs
- India was selected as Chair of Ad Hoc Committee on Review & Reforms to look into various issues pertaining to the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPSC) at recently held KP Plenary Session in Brisbane, Australia.
- Note : Angola will be the Vice Chair of this Adhoc Committee.
- The 11th edition of Naseem-Al-Bahr (Sea Breeze) 2017 Naval exercise between India and Oman was held at Said Bin Sultan Naval Base, Wudam in Oman.
- The World's Longest Glass Bridge, located in China's Hebei province, opened for the public today.
- India is set to get its 1st sea bridge runway after the approval to extend the Agatti Airport in Lakshadweep has been given to Airports Authority of India (AAI).
MOUs & Agreements
- With an aim to combat black money, India has signed agreement with Switzerland for automatic sharing of tax-related information from January 1, 2018 .
National Current Affairs
- National Consumers Day / National Consumers Right Day is being observed today with the objective of providing better protection of consumer’s interest.
- This day is being observed since the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 was enacted on this day in 1986.
- Theme of the year 2017 : “Emerging Digital Markets: Issues & Challenges for Consumer Protection”
- The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched an outreach mission titled SAMEEP (Students and MEA Engagement Program).
- Aim of SAMEEP : To take Indian foreign policy and its global engagements to students across India.