Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (20th October 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 20th October 2017
International Current Affairs
- India and Russia today began their first ten-day, tri-service military exercise, Indra.
- This exercise will see participation from all three services- the Army, Air Force, and Navy.
- Over 400 Indian personnel are taking part in the exercise being organised in Russia.
- Important Note : It is overall 10th edition of INDRA exercise and India’s first bilateral military exercise with any country involving all three services.
- The China-India war began on this day (20th October) in the year 1962, when the People's Liberation Army of China invaded Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh (then known as the North East Frontier Agency).
- In the war that lasted till November 21, around 3,250 Indian soldiers were killed.
- India also lost about 43,000 square kilometres of land, captured by China in Aksai Chin.
MOUs & Agreements
- India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) have signed the IBSA Trust Fund Agreement today.
- This agreement seeks to fight poverty in developing countries.
- It was signed at the 8th IBSA trilateral Ministerial Commission Meeting in Durban, South Africa.
National Current Affairs
- According to Central Pollution Control Board data, after the Supreme Court banned the sale of firecrackers in Delhi and NCR till November 1, the city witnessed its cleanest Diwali in three years.
- The Bengaluru Metro which was launched as south India's first Metro service, has completed six years of operation today.
- The Metro, which is India's second largest operational network, runs 50 trains.