Read More -->>
The Sports Ministry has released the list of National Sports Awards for the year 2017. These awards were given based on the recommendations of Selection Committees consisting of former Olympian, Arjuna Awardees, Dronacharya Awardees, Dhyan Chand Awardees, Sport Journalists/ Experts/ Commentators and sports administrators.
Heads of Selection Committees :
- Head of the Selection Committee for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and Arjuna Awards : Justice C.K. Thakkar (Former Judge Supreme Court of India, Chief Justice of High Court of Himachal and Bombay).
- Head of the Selection Committee for Dronacharya Awards and Dhyan Chand Awards : Pullela Gopichand.
About National Sports Awards : National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award : Given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over a period of four year.
- Arjuna Award : Given for consistency outstanding performance for four years.
- Dronacharya Award : Given for coaches for producing medal winners at prestigious International sports events.
- Dhyan Chand Award : Given for life time contribution to sports development.
This post first appeared on Gr8AmbitionZ, please read the originial post: here